No tourists until after summer

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
gruff
Resident

Re: No tourists until after summer

Postby gruff » Mon May 10, 2021 5:17 pm

Reply from Ryanair re. flight.
"As I can see that your flight is fully operational and is not followed by any disruptions. It will take place on the scheduled date and time. We have not heard anything from the government regarding the flight cancellation. Therefore, the flight will operate as usual."

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon May 10, 2021 5:22 pm

Gruff - they are sure the aircraft will fly but no comment on if you can be on it!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon May 10, 2021 5:30 pm

elusive wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:36 pm https://www.visitgibraltar.gi/covid-19

Yeah thats true. But will they change it in time for boris's green light? Or is he keeping that little detail quiet?
The chief minister of gib was on the BBC the other day and they open for Brits from may 17th

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon May 10, 2021 5:32 pm

gruff wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:47 pm Well, I would like to tell Ryanair that. I'm not aware on Ryanair or British Airways sites there is any mention of residents only.
Ryan air and others are well aware as they are checking residency documents etc before you board.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Mon May 10, 2021 8:28 pm

And it seems Ryanair are being strict.....just seen below on another platform posted within the last hour
·
"So I flew out of Manchester this morning. I had to do pre check in with Ryanair to make sure all my paperwork was correct. No problem (apart from it taking nearly an hour!!) the amount of people who were turned away was incredible. One lass was having a right go at the check in staff as in her words, I have an NIE and Boris has said I can go to Spain to check my holiday home!!!! The poor check in lass kept saying well Boris may say you can go but the Spanish won’t let you in. It ended up with the check in lass saying there’s the number for the Spanish Embassy in Manchester, when you get a letter off them saying you can go we will let you fly!! Another lass didn’t have her covid test results through so she was having a go. The bloke in front of me said he was flying for work, again he was denied. Sorry but unless you are a Spanish citizen/resident or have paperwork to say you’ve to pick up your new residency documents you will not be allowed to fly. The borders are closed to non EU/Schengen citizens till at least 31/5. Welcome to the joys of Brexit!!!"

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue May 11, 2021 9:01 am

I put links in my previous post and both BA and Ryanair do say you cannot travel unless you're a resident but it involves a bit of digging through the site. My neighbours travelled BA from Heathrow last weekend and they said it was a complete nightmare and took forever as you have to check in with your paperwork first, as it seems you now have to with Ryanair from firsttango's extract.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue May 11, 2021 10:17 am

Sounds like it Wicksey..Is the proof of test shown at check in or in the country of arrival or both? The media are already predicting that Spain will not be added to the green list when the next review takes place at the end of this month, i think Jet 2 knew this when they cancelled all holidays until after the 23rd June.I think holiday makers will have to hope that it will happen in July.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue May 11, 2021 10:21 am

I wonder why the airlines don’t allow it to be entered online on the passenger information section.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue May 11, 2021 10:23 am

Pamela1 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:17 am Sounds like it Wicksey..Is the proof of test shown at check in or in the country of arrival or both? The media are already predicting that Spain will not be added to the green list when the next review takes place at the end of this month, i think Jet 2 knew this when they cancelled all holidays until after the 23rd June.I think holiday makers will have to hope that it will happen in July.
Both Heathrow and Malaga

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue May 11, 2021 10:33 am

There's a separate health/location declaration to complete for the UK then another one for Spain when returning back here. They have to be done in advance of travelling and they give you a QR code which you present at the airports. The neighbours said that there were problems at Heathrow as some QR codes were not able to be scanned properly so that caused more delays.

Even if we go onto the green list there's still a PCR test to do before travelling, one after arriving in the UK and another to get back to Spain. I guess in time these may ease up, but it will be a considerable time before my OH will be going there. I'm not sure when I may be mobile enough to fly but, at the moment, I'm not too bothered!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue May 11, 2021 10:50 am

It’s 2 tests after arrival. When Daughter came from France she had a test to enter, a test in 2nd day and another on the 8th. In addition another test to return to France.

I guess there are not too many queues right now or they would have been plastered all over the DM :mrgreen: Heathrow traditionally had queues when all the early transatlantic flights all came in within minutes. Every year when we go to Caribbean the wait is about an hour to enter Antigua etc.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue May 11, 2021 11:15 am

Yes i get your point Katy, no doubt that is to come when more destinations are added and airports around the country have more passengers, then the DM will have their field day, as will all the national press, lots of people congregating in queues won't go down well. What is the news on vaccine passports? will they happen?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue May 11, 2021 11:27 am

I have been looking forward to holidays for so long and now it will be possible it is such a palava I wondering why I bothered. My first one next week is a staycation, myself and 4 women friends are going to Isle if Wight to a spa hotel. We are going ( almost) door to door by helicopter. Not my idea, they scare me to death. Will be lovely to get a break from OH after being joined at the hip for so long :lol:

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Tue May 11, 2021 12:18 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:15 am Yes i get your point Katy, no doubt that is to come when more destinations are added and airports around the country have more passengers, then the DM will have their field day, as will all the national press, lots of people congregating in queues won't go down well. What is the news on vaccine passports? will they happen?
Dutch PM said they will be in place for June 21st. Coincidentally that is the same date that Spain will end all restrictions. Also I think that same date when Boris said all back to normal.

Or maybe it's not a coincidense!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue May 11, 2021 12:35 pm

Maybe not a coincidence, i'm sure there are many behind the door conversations taking place.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue May 11, 2021 1:32 pm

katy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:50 am It’s 2 tests after arrival. When Daughter came from France she had a test to enter, a test in 2nd day and another on the 8th. In addition another test to return to France.
I'm talking about the green list countries. Even if Spain goes onto the green list, although you don't need to quarantine, there's still a number of tests involved. You save on the quarantining and the second test in the UK.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue May 11, 2021 1:41 pm

Ah I get you. We are hoping we wont need a test to enter Gibraltar or return.
Read that the NHS app is ready to show proof of vaccine. I have resisted not downloading it, hope it's not a requirement.

Benal Pirate
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Benal Pirate » Tue May 11, 2021 2:34 pm

A bit harsh to blame Brexit on the current travel woes. This time last year I couldn't fly to Spain due to Covid restrictions and the UK was in the EU. Covid policies are causing more travel problems than Brexit. Of course Brexit hasn't helped. I have a flight on 22 June so the comments about 21 June above have cheered me up. Today I downloaded the NHS App in anticipation, with second jab scheduled soon.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue May 11, 2021 2:42 pm

Benal, what personal information is on the App. Does it just come up with your vaccines, can you add a partner?

Benal Pirate
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Benal Pirate » Tue May 11, 2021 2:56 pm

Hi Katy
Name, DoB, NHS number. Once your id is confirmed by sending a photo of your passport and the App takes a photo of you, general medical records appear which is just allerigies and my prescriptions going back to 1997. I think you can ask your GP for access to more detailed records. Not sure whether Covid vacc details will magically appear on 17th May.