Chiclana,Conil & san lucar

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Chiclana,Conil & san lucar

Postby elusive » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:42 pm

Thinking of a few nights in this area when they finally let us out of our provinces. Possibly staying in chiclana.stopping in conil on the way up. The next day in chiclana and the following in san lucar. Any recommendations for a different itinerary ie stay in conil instead of chiclana etc. Been to jerez,cadiz,vejer & arcos. So looking for places we havnt visited until we can leave andalucia.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Chiclana,Conil & san lucar

Postby Screagle » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:07 am

Elusive, I've never visited either Chiclana or Conil de la Frontera but am aquainted with Sanlúcar de Barrameda. Depending on your budget there a few very smart boutique hotels near the town centre which would be worth a punt. I aslo think there might be a bit more to see and do but again that depends upon on how much you are up for...

Saludos

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:45 am

Hola

What are your likes / dislikes - what do you want from your holiday?

Davexf

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:46 pm

Like visiting nice squares,churches, castles. Like taking alot of photos so places with good architecture .wandering around old towns and what not

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:11 am

Hola,
Conil is a white seaside village and probably of more interest than the centre of Chiclana although there are many interesting churches especially Santa Ana on top of the hill. You may find Medina Sidonia of interest but be warned, it is a typical mountain top village and you climb up or down to get anywhere!!!

If you go to Sanlucar de Barrameda then visit Pedro Romero bodega for its Manzanilla and Pedro Jimenez sherry - my favourite, so much so I have a 4 litre flagon I get refilled there

Davexf

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:50 am

Cheers dave. We have visted medina sidonia in the past. Lovely place

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:01 am

Davexf - out of interest, when did you last visit Bodegas Pedro Romero for a refill? The company was bought by Bodegas Francsico Yuste at the end of 2015. Having said that I don't know if they are still operating a 'despacho' from their old address in Calle Trasbolsa where typically wines are sold 'en rama'.

Saludos

Ana de Chipiona
Tourist

Postby Ana de Chipiona » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:54 am

Hi Elusive. You should try to visit El Puerto de Santa Maria. There is an old church, castle (normallywhich you can tour which also includes a visit to the on site Cabellero bodega) and one of the oldest bull rings in Spain. There is a lovely restaurant on the sea front called El Castillito a great spot for lunch.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:14 am

Ana. My favourite place too.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:23 am

Sanlucár will tick a lot of boxes for your love of old architecture. When exploring that area, years ago, we stayed in an old palacio, Posada de Palacio, in Sanlucára and it was good, well located and not expensive.

One word of caution, my OH and I had our bag snatched by two kids on a small motorbike as we walked along the promenade. Huge problems as we had passports and all sorts of things in the bag.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:56 am

Thanks lavanda. Sorry to hear that. What a nightmare

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:19 pm

The Consulate in Málaga sorted everything out. That was in the days when I had a house in Coîn so we were practically local.