Is PCR test required for entry to Spain?

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
elizabennett
Andalucia.com Amigo

Is PCR test required for entry to Spain?

Postby elizabennett » Fri May 07, 2021 9:41 am

Has anyone on this forum entered Spain from the UK or an EU member state recently, through any airport or port? Is proof of negative (i.e. no COVID) PCR test still required on entry? (PCR test costs approximately 150 euros in Ireland.)

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Re: Is PCR test required for entry to Spain?

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Fri May 07, 2021 10:36 am

Yes you need a negative PCR test (other types of test are valid also) if your country is on the red list

The red list is updated frequently. The list is currently valid until May 23rd and the UK and Ireland are on the list. Additionally UK travel is not allowed even with negative test until June 1st, unless for a valid reason (i.e. no holidays)

Here is the list of the countries on the red list. Open the PDF on this link

https://www.mscbs.gob.es/en/profesional ... v/spth.htm

elizabennett
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elizabennett » Fri May 07, 2021 10:43 am

Thanks for sharing the link to the portal Paddy. I have bookmarked the site and I'll keep an eye on it for changes. I assume the will allow entry once more people are fully vaccinated.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri May 07, 2021 10:50 am

Neighbours returned here from the UK at the weekend and in addition to the PCR test they needed to complete a Spanish entry form online to show reason for travel, address, flight and seat number etc in order to get a QR code. Until the end of May only Spanish residents can enter from the UK, not sure about other countries as the place seems to be full of other nationalities at the moment (German, Dutch, French etc).

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri May 07, 2021 12:14 pm

What reason for travel did they give?

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Fri May 07, 2021 3:55 pm

They must of been spanish residents, no?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri May 07, 2021 6:38 pm

They had to go back to the UK due to their daughter in law having an operation. They were there a month. When they came back they presumably said they were returning home. They are in the middle of applying for the TIE having only moved here last September, and the confirmation paperwork they produced was sufficient to get then back in Spain.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri May 07, 2021 6:57 pm

My ferry for 31 May was cancelled today. BF rang me to put me on the ship Galicia on the 1st June. Hoping spain opens its borders for June 01 as I’m hearing France is closed until 9th June for non resident Brits.

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Sat May 08, 2021 7:45 pm

elizabennett wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:41 am Has anyone on this forum entered Spain from the UK or an EU member state recently, through any airport or port? Is proof of negative (i.e. no COVID) PCR test still required on entry? (PCR test costs approximately 150 euros in Ireland.)
Government advice is not to travel from Ireland. This afternoon in T1 Dublin Airport several fines were issued to Irish residents flying out. If you want to put your toe in the water then call out to the airport departures area and talk to whoever is on duty in the departure area from Immigration. Why can't you wait like the rest of us ? I'm at a loss as to why people travel during a pandemic. Although why people don't use Google to get basic information about border entrance to Spain is beyond me. :crazy:
Finally if you used Google you'd also realise the cost of PCR tests in Ireland is a lot less than €150. https://www.letsgetchecked.com/ie/en/ho ... irus-test/ 8)

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Sat May 08, 2021 11:13 pm

Did you ask the OP when exactly they intend to travel? Or why they need to travel?

Also this test will be useless for a traveller to Spain as the results are not guaranteed within 72 hours

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Wed May 12, 2021 8:55 am

so ... in order to leave Spain and fly to UK, do you need PCR test? , covid passport? or other? ... and assume some sort of quarantine on arrival?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed May 12, 2021 9:30 am

gavilan wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:55 am so ... in order to leave Spain and fly to UK, do you need PCR test? , covid passport? or other? ... and assume some sort of quarantine on arrival?
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-a ... amber-list

Currently, whilst Spain is on the amber list, a PCR test here before leaving, then 2 in the UK and 10 days quarantine.

I've read today that Spain is hinting that Brits can come here without a PCR test or vaccine from next week :shock: There's still the tests etc listed above for returning back to the UK though. Spain seems to be going from one extreme to another. From saying no Brits other than tested citizens/residents, to an untested free for all.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed May 12, 2021 10:48 am

Scroll down to the last part of this and there are lists and prices of many test centres across UK.
https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/trave ... content=25

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed May 12, 2021 1:17 pm

From the DM
Confirming free entry into Spain, tourism minister Reyes Maroto said: 'It will allow the opening of the British market so they can come to Spain. They (Britons) could come from May 20 onwards without a PCR if the incidence rates are below the range currently under review, which is around 50 cases per 100,000 people.'

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed May 12, 2021 1:54 pm

Wicksey wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:30 am
gavilan wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:55 am so ... in order to leave Spain and fly to UK, do you need PCR test? , covid passport? or other? ... and assume some sort of quarantine on arrival?
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-a ... amber-list

Currently, whilst Spain is on the amber list, a PCR test here before leaving, then 2 in the UK and 10 days quarantine.

I've read today that Spain is hinting that Brits can come here without a PCR test or vaccine from next week :shock: There's still the tests etc listed above for returning back to the UK though. Spain seems to be going from one extreme to another. From saying no Brits other than tested citizens/residents, to an untested free for all.
The spanish foreign minister was on the bbc this morn. Saying the same thing.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed May 12, 2021 4:03 pm

Latest from DM re. the Indian variant, Boris and the media seem to be bigging up a rise in cases and they are mass testing in some areas with people having 2 tests per week. I wonder if having come out with the country lists that they don't really want people to actually go anywhere. If the figures keep rising those countries wont allow Brits in! As Spain aid about the UK "Whilst cases stay at 50 per 100,000" . Perhaps cases could be above that by the 17th.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Wed May 12, 2021 4:11 pm

Cases are 21 per 100,000 in the uk. Negligible compared to Spain.

Spain I thought said that would mean no PCR test as long as the uk case rate did not rise ABOVE 50/100,000. No way that will happen before next week.

I suspect Spain will, link it to green lighting canaries and Balearic.

The same day cost for us to get a PCR and fit to fly certificate (no option with ferry times) is £400.