Fit to fly PCR test

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
ashtondav
Resident

Fit to fly PCR test

Postby ashtondav » Sat May 08, 2021 11:04 am

I’m catching a ferry to Spain arriving 14:00 on the 2nd June (hoping border restrictions have been eased).

I will need a PCR test not more than 72 hours before I arrive. But most of the express tests near us “aim” to get the result back by 10pm the next day but state that in “exceptional” circumstances it can take 48 hours . We’d be on the ferry by then, or more likely rejected at check in.

Does anyone have experience of the testing options and their promptness. There’s a “guaranteed” next day service at Milton Keynes but it’s £200 each. I suppose that has to be our fallback position.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Fit to fly PCR test

Postby katy » Sat May 08, 2021 12:34 pm

Isn't there anything like this at an Airport near you. I know a few who have used this. A friend had the test in the afternoon and result was in her inbox next morning. £60.

https://www.expresstest.co.uk/gatwick-d ... aign=gat_2

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat May 08, 2021 1:51 pm

Not relevant to Ashtondav's situation but I had a rapid (very) antigen test in Madrid on 30/01/2021 result in 12 mins, cost 70 euros.

I am still astonished that many so called international airports do not have commercial covid testing facilities !

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat May 08, 2021 2:19 pm

Likewise ManchesterAl, they have had months to get ready for this moment. The price of tests is still way too high and slow.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat May 08, 2021 5:34 pm

Agree, when testing first started last year for travel people found it quite difficult to find a testing centre, especially one with a fast turnaround service. Now there is a whole list of centres online offering travel packages, i looked into them briefly, drop boxes, courier service, all a faff, enough to put travellers off. I am amazed that there are few airports offering a testing service, you would think that all airports would want them in their quest to get travel going and draw in passenger numbers.