Entry to Spain to sell holiday home

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
gus
Resident

Entry to Spain to sell holiday home

Postby gus » Fri May 14, 2021 2:39 pm

I now must sell our holiday home in Fuengirola ( after 19 years) and need to visit to make arrangements with estate agent and our Gestor.
This is a valid reason for travel out of the UK - is it an acceptable reason to enter Spain?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Entry to Spain to sell holiday home

Postby elusive » Fri May 14, 2021 2:56 pm

Unfortunatly not. The ban on non residents etc is currently upto the end of may. But the spanish foreign sec was on the news talking about possibly opening up next week. So you wont have long to wait.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri May 14, 2021 6:15 pm

Where have you been gus? It must have been a couple of years since you last posted...Hope you are well and all is ok... :wave:

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Fri May 14, 2021 6:48 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Pamela.
It is, indeed a while since I last posted…. just as it is a while since I managed to get to visit Spain ( Feb 2020 ).
I have taken a chance and booked flights for early June so we can come out and make the arrangements to get some maintenance carried out so we can get our house sold.
After a heart attack in August 2019 we have decided to start sorting out our finances now rather than leave it to our kids 😂
Currently all well and looking for some recuperative sunshine.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri May 14, 2021 7:54 pm

Well glad everything is ok with you now gus, i wish you well getting the house organised to sell and hope it gets sold within a short time. We also have flights booked for June, we shall have to wait and see, fed up of having to rebook new dates, they have been cancelled a number of times. I think that by the time we do get to go i will have gone off the boil and won't be that bothered about going, starting to feel that way now and if it wasn't for the property and family i would resign myself to the back garden this year and settle down...I used to watch your posts about car hire, you used to get some great deals, i took out the excess insurance you suggested and have gone with it for the past few years, needs renewing but i am waiting to see if and when we have lift off... :lol: :lol:

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri May 14, 2021 10:42 pm

Sorry to hear about the health setback. I too wondered where you had been. Missed your informative replies to posts.

Good luck with organising your house sale and for the future.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat May 15, 2021 1:58 am

On the UK side it is one of the exemptions and is permitted.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... nal-travel

The problem is whether Spain will let you in at this present time but the rules are expected to be relaxed in June.

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Mon May 17, 2021 3:41 pm

A client of ours, UK based English, non resident came over late last year to buy a house, went back to the UK. Arrived in Spain 3 weeks ago to arrange with us to reform the house.

Having had a negative covid test, he flew from UK to Paris no restriction or need to show any documentation apart from the test certificate, then he flew onward from Paris to Malaga.

Arrived at Malaga, straight through, no passports, I'm assuming because he was now in Schengen, all they wanted was negative test. He flew back last week direct from Malaga to the UK.

I'm certainly not advocating this as a back door method, I'm just reporting it but it seems quite a few on the flights were doing the same thing.

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Fri May 21, 2021 9:27 pm

It looks like my patience has paid off and we will be able to come to Spain on 4th June quite legally and without needing a negative test. Indeed, we don’t even need our full vaccination record 👍.
Now all I need is a willing purchaser for our house and I can have a successful trip.
Looking forward to titillating my taste buds with some tapas, a glass of Rioja or two and a coffee and brandy. I may even visit a pub here before I travel.
Cheers.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri May 21, 2021 11:03 pm

Good luck Gus, have a great time.