Documentation to Enter Spain as a Tourist

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
pensure1988
Resident

Documentation to Enter Spain as a Tourist

Postby pensure1988 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:38 am

Good Morning

Please can someone clarify the Current Rulings for Non-Resident UK Tourists who own a Second Property in Spain. Are these people required to show Documentation such as Proof of Address etc to the Spanish Police at Gibraltar Border or Malaga Airport. I believe the Spanish Police were checking Residencia Cards/TIE against UK Passports at the Gibraltar Border yesterday again.

Thank You

David

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Documentation to Enter Spain as a Tourist

Postby elusive » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:06 am

You dont need anything to come in as a tourist other than the health associated forms. Theres the brexit issues of possible being asked where you are staying and source of funds but i havnt read etc of that being put into practice.

The checking at the Gib border was to determine if a passport should be stamped or not for the 90 day rule

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:11 am

Thank you , Elusive, for your prompt reply.

Why I am asking is that two of my friends, Non-Residents are arriving next Friday at Gibraltar and then crossing into Spain

So all is clear to me now.

David

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:28 am

Gibraltar requires everyone to take a test on arrival (free at airport, result in 30 mins). It may not apply to onward travellers to Spain but perhaps best to check it out.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:14 pm

Amazing isnt it. Free tests in gibralter but not in spain.

Funny, i mean, the airport is the size of a mercadona, where will they hold the 200+ people where they can safely distance while waiting on results ? :lol:
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:19 pm

Doesn’t work like that, you are allowed 24 hours to be tested. Seeing that 2 planes landed we got a taxi to hotel and went back the next morning. Also no hanging around, result comes by text and email. We queued for around 5 mins and it is in the open air. The only others around were some of the Army and Airforce.