Digital Covid Travel Certificate

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Digital Covid Travel Certificate

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:22 pm

How are the injections experimental? The injections are experimental as admitted by the US governmental National Institutes of Health:

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-res ... -effective

That's how, apart from a myriad of other reasons.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:44 pm

This thread is about obtaining a vaccination certificate, not the pros and cons of having one.If you want to go off topic please post on the New Religion thread.

All further off topic posts will be deleted.

Sid

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:39 pm

It seems that those who have had double jabs can now go the UK without quarantine, Covid tests are still needed though.
What is not clear is whether this is only for UK residents or includes everyone.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:55 pm

It is for UK residents only who have been jabbed in the UK.

Schaps specifically said it could be extended to other visitors later this summer.

Sid

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:16 pm

So what have they allowed... Brit residents don't have to quarantine when returning to the Uk if they have been jabbed in the Uk. What exactly is the message here? that people in Spain who have had the same brand of jabs as the people in the Uk are not welcome? I think it stinks, what a shambles of a gov this country has. On top of that it's still the same, expensive tests only for those who can afford them, a two tier system for the elite once again.

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:05 pm

Quite annoying but not unexpected from the dross in government. More annoying is that the EU will probably just take this slap in the face and offer no response, which will just encourage the UK to chance its arm further - bullies don't go away if ignored.

Parilla

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:46 pm

If as they predict in U.K that infections will rise dramatically in the next few weeks I would think that sensible heads in Madrid would see it as a risk that outweighs any economic gain and slap a ban on Brits coming in on holiday.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:21 pm

Problem is the horse has already bolted, the cases are rising in Spain also, no doubt allowing us Brits in untested has not helped but money comes first is obviously more important. The only problem i foresee for Spain is their vaccination program and the risks they have been taking allowing in Brits untested. BIL who is 65 was waiting for his 2nd jab last week in Spain and he has had cancer.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:27 pm

Yep but Governments have tended to react well after the horse has bolted right the way through, so maybe it will be who will block who first in this tit 4 tat situation..my vaccine is better than yours scenario :lol:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:56 pm

Yes Governments have acted well after the horse has bolted each and every time, their late reactions have made it all the worse and it's us who have to suffer the consequences of their decision's and especially the decision to close the border to India.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:30 pm

Latest news from UK government is that if you enter UK you must have an NHS vac certificate, not one of the nasty EU ones!

So forget about a quick flight to the UK to see granny!

Sid

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:11 pm

Yes that's what i have mentioned Sid, it truly does stink. :thumbdown: I think they are doing this on purpose, in the hope that the EU will react, at this rate no one will be going anywhere but that's the plan! The Uk gov are doing us no favours, i'm fed up of the whole brexit situation and people having to pay the consequences of their political spats because that's also what this is about.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:12 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:21 pm Problem is the horse has already bolted, the cases are rising in Spain also, no doubt allowing us Brits in untested has not helped but money comes first is obviously more important. The only problem i foresee for Spain is their vaccination program and the risks they have been taking allowing in Brits untested. BIL who is 65 was waiting for his 2nd jab last week in Spain and he has had cancer.
Not to mention the Germans who have been flooding the place. Been said on here flights from UK have been almost empty.

pepe jose
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby pepe jose » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:54 pm

I think the EU will impose the ban after the end of august once they have a few quid in the coffers. Spain needs brits and their money full stop.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:17 pm

You couldnt make all this up. Forum members are all no doubt thinking… Close international borders. In fact why on earth arent night clubs closed and large events without social distance. Set that against most of us are either wanting to visit loved ones or have loved ones visit us.

We have an already moved ferry crossing ( several times at of course our cost) . Clock is ticking plus a dear friend coming to visit us ……. Must be thousands in same position.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:00 pm

katy wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:12 pm
Pamela1 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:21 pm Problem is the horse has already bolted, the cases are rising in Spain also, no doubt allowing us Brits in untested has not helped but money comes first is obviously more important. The only problem i foresee for Spain is their vaccination program and the risks they have been taking allowing in Brits untested. BIL who is 65 was waiting for his 2nd jab last week in Spain and he has had cancer.
Not to mention the Germans who have been flooding the place. Been said on here flights from UK have been almost empty.
Maybe in Majorca Katy, i was in Torre for 2 nights and if it was flooded with anyone it was mostly Spanish, i never heard a German voice, not saying they weren't there.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:13 pm

Maybe in Majorca Katy, i was in Torre for 2 nights and if it was flooded with anyone it was mostly Spanish, i never heard a German voice, not saying they weren't there. Last min hiccup meant i had to change my departure flight to Leeds, the flight i was taking prior to that was running almost empty or at least the seats selection chart indicated as much. The flight from Leeds was showing 3/4 full and it certainly was when we boarded. Maybe it was the Friday night end of week returning home flight, it was quite full with Spanish people and those who were English didn't look like they were going on their jollies. :mrgreen:
[/quote]

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:17 am

Our Costa has a fair amount of Germans here but they have driven as you can spot their cars. Along with a number of other nationalities, Dutch, Belgian and French. Our German neighbours have flown over 3 times in the past couple of months. With the number of cases increasing rapidly in the UK, will the amber countries want the Brits to visit? Cases are rising here too I read today although not hospitalisations, which perhaps gives a more accurate picture.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:51 am

I was out on Wednesday afternoon and popped in to my friend's bar for a drink. The place is the only English owned place around so tourist tend to turn up there and In came two from Ireland. I have been looking at options to travel to Ireland or the UK so I asked what the situation is over there and what they would need to do on their return. Turned out they live in Nerja and had decided to stay in Spain, which is also my plan for this year as I'm driving down there in August.

I think the majority of people in Spain will do the same, avoid traveling abroad and holiday in Spain.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:57 am

Seems a repeat of last year, lock down then loosen up and cases surge. Demonstrates that lockdowns don’t work. Let’s blame the Brits though.