Ryanair boarding pass checks

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Ryanair boarding pass checks

Postby Screagle » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:00 am

Has anybody had this nessage before during the online checkin? I'm travelling on an UK passport. I didn't notice or don't recall seeing this message on my flight to Spain last month. Usually I just wave my passport and Ryanair app boarding pass at the departure gate and board the plane.

"Passengers on this booking who are travelling with Non-EU ID documents will be required to print their boarding pass and present it at the check-in desk to have their documents checked and stamped upon arrival at the airport"

This suggests I might have to queue up before going through security which could seriously delay me as the flight is looking over 2/3 full. I'm in a chat queue to see what they have to say and will report bacl...

Saludos

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Ryanair boarding pass checks

Postby Screagle » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:44 am

So that instruction does not apply to UK citizens as double checked and confirmed now by Customer Services. That didn't half wind me up. Anyway, I received an apology for the inconvenience caused...

Saludos

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:36 pm

That's very misleading. Let's hope the airport staff know the rules, as a British passport is no longer EU. It all adds to the hassle!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:12 pm

This sounds more like something my DIL usually has to do, when we check her in online and go to print off her boarding pass everyone else's is printed off correctly except hers, she ends up with a boarding pass with a missing bar code and a message telling her to check in at the desk where she will be issued with a boarding card. They check all of her documents at the desk and her passage is straight forward after that. No big deal in the grand scheme of things because we always have bags to drop off at the check in desk anyway.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:13 pm

As an update my short trip went very smoothly. To save getting tested while I was away I took a rapid antigen test at the Yellow Car Park walkthrough testing centre at STN. Staff were friendly and helpful and made the £39 fee seem well spent. It wasn't needed for my arrival in Spain as I was double jabbed but was required for my return within 72 hours. If you load your SpTH documents as part of your check-in then staff can check everything quickly at the departure gate by swiping through your submitted documents. Arrival at SVQ was impeded by a lack of transit buses and works to install dedicated EU passport gates. Once through passports my SpTH QR code was scanned within seconds and I was on my way.

On my return I had my UK COVID travel documents checked at the departure gate and was expecting to queue for hours for a manual UK Border inspection. However the ePassport gates were working so within 20 minutes of touching down I was on the train! Looks like UK Border is finally starting to get its **** together...

Saludos