Iberia not accepting my passport number for advance information form

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Re: Iberia not accepting my passport number for advance information form

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:52 pm

Glad everything went well for you Lavanda.Know what you mean about the masks, i just can't believe so many Spanish people still wear them out on the street.Last night i was sat outside of a bar, a man was sat together with his family, his mask was fixed on his face the whole night and was only moved to take a quick drink from his glass...I can't see people changing for a very long time and even then i have a strange feeling that some people will wear them forever.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:52 pm

Yes, they are the people who have had the bejabbers frightened out of them by governments.

We arent here on earth forever. Why not load the dice slightly in our favour by wearing sodding masks when mixing with other people who have no idea whatsoever of social distancing?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:09 pm

Glad you got back ok lavender. One stress you could have done without.

The best one is when someone is in the car by themselves and the mask is firmly attached!

Or i see people walking down the street or parking up in mine and getting out and putting their mask on when theres not a soul around. I wonder if they would do the chicken dance if someone told them to.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:59 am

I was in Madrid last week and i agree that most people were wearing masks in the centre of the city. Here it is the same. In the area where I live people are not wearing them because it is not necessary but when I I go to Bilbao, most people have them on basically because it's difficult at certain times of the day to maintain a constant metre distance.

While commenting on current rules for wearing masks, the rules in Britain and Spain seem to get a little mixed up. because In Spain it's still obligatory to wear one inside shops and offices and busy public areas as well as if a distance of about a metre and a half cannot be maintained and that's why people are more likely to be be used to wearing one in busy areas.

For me the centre of Madrid was busy last Saturday . It was not easy to get a table for a drink or to eat . It's true there were very few people out in the afternoon or early evening but by 9pm it's was bustling, which is pretty normal for Madrid in August as only tourist venture out in the afternoon.

Lavada, Good to know you got back OK. My wife and I have decided to avoid going back to the UK for the moment due to the sort of problems you experienced, which is a pity because since both my parents died, I have gone back as more of a tourist and have enjoyed it from a different perspective. My wife keeps telling me that Cáceres‎ in your neck of the woods is also worth a visit so that could be next on our list.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:31 pm

We went to caceres last october mark. Definitely worth a trip but if you go dont miss out on merida (stunning roman ruins) and trujillo for day trips.