Carretera del suspiro del mores

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
June99

Carretera del suspiro del mores

Postby June99 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:05 am

We are aged 73, driving a hire car on “wrong side” of road, exploring Andalusia. I want to travel along Carretera del suspiro del mores from Almunicar towards Granada but would not wish to do so if the road is treacherous. I hear the road is narrow but is there always room for two cars to pass. We would not feel confident if there wasn’t and we had to keep reversing to wider space whenever an oncoming vehicle appeared.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Carretera del suspiro del mores

Postby Enrique » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:23 am

Hi june99,

Pull up Google maps and follow your planned route hanving put the yellow man on your start place...........

Example...........
Looking at the A-4050 lookes to be a nice drive..........a lot of the "inland" roads are very quiet , and good cycle ways......... :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:56 pm

This is one of my very favourite driving roads. I can confirm it is wide enough to safely and comfortably enjoy the experience.

My only suggestion would be to drive it in the other direction. If you are on the coast come up the marvellous new motorway to Supiro del Moro (sigh of the Moor) and then turn left. There are a couple of ways of picking up the road down to Almunecar. In any case you drive across flattish land before reaching the downward part. That is a good spot to stop and admire the magnificent views. Years ago there were never any refreshment stops but when we went last about a month back, there were two places. Once you get further down towards the coast there are a few villages with eating places and bars.

Another great safe and highly enjoyable route is the montes de malaga route. We go Loja to Malaga on that. Magnificent scenery and views. The way in from Malaga is difficult to find in the Eastern part of the town but like the above route, it is far better coming towards Malaga. If you want more details of that route just ask.

June99

Postby June99 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:12 pm

Thank you Enrique and Olive. I definitely have the confidence to do the trip now. I will also research the montes de Malaga route and if I get baffled I will get back to you. Thanks again for the reassurance