Sevilla Car Hire

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Roz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Sevilla Car Hire

Postby Roz » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:45 am

Car hire prices seems to have rocketed this summer. We require to hire a car at the airport for 3 weeks and need a vehicle big enough for 3 adults, one 16 month year old, 3 big suitcases and a pram. Had problems with some companies in the past trying to get us to pay for lots of extras even though we have our own car hire annual insurance policy! Any recommendations of companies not charging the earth would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cádiz
Resident

Re: Sevilla Car Hire

Postby Cádiz » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:39 am

The last time i hired a car in Sevilla i got from Economy car rentals, that was a couple of years ago as i fly mostly to Malaga.
I thing they were the best value at the time...

Roz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Roz » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:16 am

Thank you

vinuela vinny
Resident

Postby vinuela vinny » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:05 pm

For the first time in fifteen years, we hired a car (online, a month in advance) - from Alamo - for two days at Sevilla airport in mid June, and it cost just over €50, which was the price for the hire of a 'small' car - two adults, and only hand luggage. There were no extras needed, nor any pressure to buy them.....

On arrival at the airport, we were 'upgraded' to a brand new Citroen Aircross C5 SUV, which was superb, with gadgets ad infinitum and way beyond our reservation and needs, but it was excellent. There were four staff on duty that Saturday afternoon, no waiting, and they were extremely helpful. On return the €150 retention on our card was cleared immediately

Maybe we were lucky, but we were very satisfied

Obviously we have no connection to Alamo, but thought that this might be helpful

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:27 pm

I like Alamo. No experience of them in Seville but I use them whenever I hire from Stansted. No pressure, sensible damage policy, very friendly and efficient.
Brian.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:09 pm

Cádiz wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:39 am The last time i hired a car in Sevilla i got from Economy car rentals, that was a couple of years ago as i fly mostly to Malaga.
I thing they were the best value at the time...
I've used this company to rent cars in Ireland. UK and Ibiza. Never had a problem and good prices. I usually only rent for 2 or three days and take out the insurance but it isn't necessary. They are a broker so the hire company might be one of the big names but might also be a local company.

Picking up and leaving the car at the airports tends to make a big difference in price.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:36 pm

Good luck. I do hope car hire prices revert to “normal” as soon as the car production cycle allows.

Roz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Roz » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm

Thank you all for your help and advice

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:40 am

Roz wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:03 pm Thank you all for your help and advice
Can you please let us know who you hired from as nice to know for future...

Roz
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Roz » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:06 am

Yes ‘Cadiz’ I will do a posting when we come back next month with the pros and cons of the company we choose. Still researching at the moment!