easyjet baggage

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Cádiz
Resident

easyjet baggage

Postby Cádiz » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:11 pm

I have a few flights that were booked with easyJet before the baggage policy changed.
Does anyone know if there is a way of obtaining this on-line or can advise as to how to do...
many thanks...

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Re: easyjet baggage

Postby anyroads » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:59 pm

Surely you can just log on to their web site...

The only "free" bring on luggage, and it must fit under the seat is "45*36*20. Everything larger one way or another must be paid for.
I looked the new size up, it is basically a kids bag.

anyroads

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:02 am

Yes i can log on to the website but the option i am looking for not there so i thought people here may know an option.
I will give them a call....

ManilvaMark
Tourist

Postby ManilvaMark » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:21 pm

If you booked your flight before the rules changed in February each passenger is still entitled to take the usual sized cabin bag, but this will be stored in the hold under their 'hands free' policy. They will email you exactly 3 weeks before you fly to advise, and you then just show a copy of the email to Easyjet check-in staff.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:19 pm

Thanks for reply.
I called Easyjet and it seems the reason i did not get the said email was an error but thankfully sorted....
I am still a bit uncomfortable with going to check-in with email as normally on board pass but hope all ok....

ManilvaMark
Tourist

Postby ManilvaMark » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:02 am

You won't have a problem, done it a couple of times myself recently.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:52 pm

I have seen a "Constellation under seat cabin case " online which is 45*35*20 which has good reviews, and which some people said they had bought for "Easijet", with delivery charge comes to £29.95.

I did see one in a sports shop however 47 instead of the 45, other two measurements were even less, I think for about £10. As more airlines follow suit, I expect smaller cases will hit the shops soon !

anyroads

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:51 pm

We flew back from uk with easyjet a couple of weeks ago. We checked 2 bags hands free at £7 per bag. It was a lot cheaper than bringing a checked in suitcase, but still gave us 20kg+ of goodies. On top of that we had stuff in our underseat bags, which in the event we put in the overhead lockers as there was plenty of space. Really relaxing not to have to scrabble onto the plane quickly to try and get locker space.

They say that hands free bags will come out on the belt first, but in practice after the time it took to clear security and certificate check all the bags were out anyway.
Regards

Bob

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:39 pm

anyroads wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:52 pm I have seen a "Constellation under seat cabin case " online which is 45*35*20 which has good reviews, and which some people said they had bought for "Easijet", with delivery charge comes to £29.95.

I did see one in a sports shop however 47 instead of the 45, other two measurements were even less, I think for about £10. As more airlines follow suit, I expect smaller cases will hit the shops soon !

anyroads
Anyway, went mad and ordered two of these cases ( different colours ). Hopefully I get to use them before all change again.

anyroads

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:51 am

It's all so complicated these days keeping up with the baggage rules. Vueling used to be very laid back but now we pay for up front seats to get priority and our carry on bags on board. You need priority to have bag on board now. We like our bags with us as we like to just get off and get to the car hire before a queue forms.

Once last year, Easyjet took my OH's carry on bag off him in the check-in queue although he was near the front, and when he got on board there was loads of room in the overhead lockers. At Gatwick he had to wait about 45 mins for his bag to come onto the carousel which caused him to be charged extra for his taxi, which then got stuck in traffic which was caused by an incident that had only just occurred ahead of him ..... it all added about an hour and half to his journey and he was not best pleased! Plus it was raining and the bag, which is only suitable for carrying on, was wet through when it did eventually arrive on the conveyor belt. After that we said we would pay to get our bags on board by going priority as we never take hold luggage in normal circumstances.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:14 pm

anyroads wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:52 pm I have seen a "Constellation under seat cabin case " online which is 45*35*20 which has good reviews, and which some people said they had bought for "Easijet", with delivery charge comes to £29.95.

anyroads
Went mad and bought two of these bags. Usually taking clothes I don't need, just for the sake of filling the old cases. The smaller cases will be fine. We can take them on board.

anyroads

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:02 am

casita-bonita wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:51 pm We flew back from uk with easyjet a couple of weeks ago. We checked 2 bags hands free at £7 per bag. It was a lot cheaper than bringing a checked in suitcase, but still gave us 20kg+ of goodies. On top of that we had stuff in our underseat bags, which in the event we put in the overhead lockers as there was plenty of space. Really relaxing not to have to scrabble onto the plane quickly to try and get locker space.

They say that hands free bags will come out on the belt first, but in practice after the time it took to clear security and certificate check all the bags were out anyway.
I am not aware of this hands free bag you mention can you please tell us and where yeu found this option on EasyJet site...

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:16 am

A quick Google found this:

https://www.easyjet.com/en/hands-free-upgrade

https://www.easyjet.com/en/terms-and-conditions/fees

Appears to be a set 7 pound fee to put it in the hold, although hold luggage up to 15kg starts at 6.99 GBP, I expect in reality it will be much more.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:28 am

Correct flat £7 per bag per flight... Can't say that I've seen checked in luggage at £6.99, at least on the route we take, Malaga - >Gatwick.
Regards

Bob

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:33 am

No I doubt there are many flights that have luggage that cheaply, but on the fees page I did a link to it says 'from'. I did once get a 20kg on for 9.99 from Gatwick a few years back. We booked it quite late too as we had stuff to bring back from my FiL's house that had to go in a case.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:04 pm

anyroads wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:14 pm

anyroads
Went mad and bought two of these bags. Usually taking clothes I don't need, just for the sake of filling the old cases. The smaller cases will be fine. We can take them on board.

anyroads
Was almost disappointed no one checked our all singing all dancing new cases. We were even able to put them in the overhead lockers.

anyroads

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:19 pm

My missus is off to the uk next weekend to greet the new grandson, and having some bits and pieces to bring back we planned to go with the hands free option. After spending a good half hour trying to book hands free bags it turns out that they have discontinued it.. Grrrrrrr. Now looking at 70 quid for checked bags....
Regards

Bob

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daveboy » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:35 pm

on a recent flight everyone who had put rucksack/ backpacks in the overhead lockers were told to remove them and put them under the seat.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:41 am

Was there a shortage of space overhead... these are the current rules...

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:20 am

All the airlines are going this way now. Vueling used to be very laid back about taking on two bags, the small case and a rucksack, but they are saying only one small bag and you have to go priority now to take on the carry on baggage. I thought this was already in force as we had booked priority in order to be sure of getting our bags on board with us.

I got this email yesterday, the policy starts on 23 Nov:

You may carry one underseat bag (max. 40x20x30 cm) on board.
. If you are carrying a cabin bag, you must check it in at our check-in desks, free of charge (max. 10 kg and 55x40x20 cm). Remember that if you bring your cabin bag to the boarding gate, it will be checked in and you will have to pay an additional fee of 25 EUR.
. Customers with special needs, customers travelling with a baby and Premium ustomers may take a cabin bag on board free of charge.
If you want to take your cabin bag onboard, you can add this service by accessing your booking (subject to availability). If you choose this option, you will also be able to enjoy Priority Boarding.