Covid Test-to-Fly coming from UK to Spain

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Covid Test-to-Fly coming from UK to Spain

Postby olive » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:22 pm

Good post. 24 hours too late for us. We booked our day two UK yesterday.

Passenger locator website is not a great experience. Might just be level of demand.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:09 am

According to the Times newspaper they have reported that the gov in the Uk are considering abolishing PCR day 2 tests for arrivals for fully vaccinated people, possibly after 1st Oct, will have to wait and see.

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:19 pm

ashtondav wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:26 am N

Still don’t know why I was able to receive and print my fcs qr code 3 days before arrival. Hope it’s valid!
I too have completed the new Spanish form ahead of our ferry crossing in 10 days time and had expected that the system would have prevented me from going right to the end (there are plenty of statements saying that it should be completed within 48 hours of departure) and I too have my QR code.

What was your experience ashtondav, did you get stopped with an invalid QR code because you completed the form too early, or were you waved through?

Did it get scanned at Portsmouth and at Santander/Bilbao or only at one port?

TIA

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:07 pm

Flying back to Spain from uk on sunday. Doing the forms to get qr code. Put in fristname and lastname. Validated my vaccination cerficate ok. Moved on the the wife's. Enteted all the data and it failed to validation saying name didn't match... Panicked al little, eventually pitting in firstname, middlename, surname. Then it validated ok....

Not one of the plethora of forms that require completing have gone without hassle.. Don't you love technology.
Regards

Bob

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:51 pm

I empathise. The Iberia Advanced Passenger Information fiasco still gives me nightmares.

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:57 pm

The paper Passenger Locator Forms that we used on our last two sea crossings this year to Spain were great, difficult to get wrong and you could clutch them in your hand!

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:26 pm

Four days after landing in uk we both received email notification from track and trace, possible contact etc etc. Please fill in the form. 2 hours later 2 more only this time urgently fill in the form. 1 hour later another urgent reminder. If we don't fill in the form they will call us. After 5 calls got fed up with them ringing the spanish mobile so decided to fill in the form and shut them up. First set of fields are your home address. It will only accept a UK address. Which of course we don't have being Spanish residents...

Eventually to get them off our back my wife accepted the call. Got as far as answering that she was double vaccinated, at which point they hung up. We had already stated on the plo that we were double vaccinated. Two minutes later she received an email saying that she no longer needed to isolate, which we didn't have to do anyway...

I was expecting the 'management' to turn up at the door, but instead they seem to have given up trying the contact me.

Should add our 2 day test was negative, and we've been testing every other day, all negative.

Total ****....
Regards

Bob

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:36 am

Hi Bob, maybe the forms are different depending on how a traveller enters the UK? Otherwise I can't understand the bit about the form only accepting a UK home address. That's very odd as zillions of people travel into the UK who do not have a UK address. The form accepted my Spanish address and, yes, they did use my Spanish mobile but it's my mobile and the only one I have. I thought the UK forms were longer than the Spanish ones but the UK ones had the ability to 'save and continue later' which the Spanish forms did not have — or at least did not seem to have.

Agree about the total mess bit but I chose to travel and therefore I accepted the idiocy of it all.

Anyway, enjoy your time in the UK.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:13 am

This wasn't the UK Passenger Locator Form. No real issues filling those in before we flew. These were forms sent out by track and trace when you are suspected of having had contact with someone who tested positive which turned up in our mailboxes 4 days after we arrived. I can only assume that either someone on our flight tested positive, although the timing is suspect, or everybody received one as a data gathering exercise..

Like you we also chose to fly, and it's great to see our kids after almost 2 years. I have no problem with the forms and procedures per se. It was the fact that they just didn't work. What should take a few minutes actually took hours. Not to mention the stress caused. It took 5 calls to my spanish mobile before they called our english mobile as requested, a number which btw was on our locator forms....
Regards

Bob

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:33 pm

Ah! I see! I didn't really participate in the Track and Trace thing (no smartphone) so was spared all that.

Agreed. The whole thing, in its entirety, was very stressful indeed.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:06 pm

We don't have the app installed either. Emails arrived in our mailboxes, so T&T is rather more encompassing than just the app. The only people who they could figure out we had been near were other people on our flight and the seat numbers.
Regards

Bob