All Portsmouth crossings now two nights?

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
ashtondav
Resident

All Portsmouth crossings now two nights?

Postby ashtondav » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:56 pm

Brittany ferries now trap all passengers on their Portsmouth to Spain ferries for two nights and over 33 hours.

What bloody joy! Now have to travel to Plymouth to avoid bloodshot eyes from box set viewing, and boredom

Monopolies. Doncha love ‘em.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: All Portsmouth crossings now two nights?

Postby Enrique » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:37 pm

Hi,

Portsmouth to Bilbao 24hrs

Some crossings pop into France to change crews............ :!:

Very limited pet options now on Galicia...........as they focused on pet cabins (17) and only two (2) Large Kennels............... :(

Taking boats out of service later in the year (winter season ) so even less choice.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:12 pm

And their useless website doesnt allow you to initially search for what few pet friendly cabins that are available. Instead you have to choose a crossing and a date, input car and passenger details and then look for pet friendly cabins. Then start again with another date. More demand than supply so they can be complacent.

Thought about coming back via Ireland but couldnt even find the Irish routes to even look for a pet friendly cabin.

We have had this booking now for over a year and keep moving it. I will be glad when it is “ over” and we can vote with our car and come back through Eurotunnel and France ……..

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:51 am

The old P&O ferry was always 2 nights coming to Bilbao then one night on the return but there were always changes to the winter schedule. I actually saw the ferry coming in on Tuesday at around 4:00pm so that wasn't 2 nights and one day unless there were some delays

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:43 pm

Enrique wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:37 pm Hi,

Portsmouth to Bilbao 24hrs

Some crossings pop into France to change crews............ :!:

Very limited pet options now on Galicia...........as they focused on pet cabins (17) and only two (2) Large Kennels............... :(

Taking boats out of service later in the year (winter season ) so even less choice.
24 hours this year Portsmouth to Bilbao. Try next year. I'm looking at May - 33 hours!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:40 pm

Hi ashtondav,
What is the name of the boat you're looking at for that booking :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:46 pm

All crossings uk from Portsmouth to Spain May 5th to May 13th. All two nighters regardless of ship and or Bilbao or Santander. Maybe they’ll introduce one nighters later.. also miss the “economie” bai de seine crossing.

zanuck
Resident

Postby zanuck » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:36 pm

I moved a booking 6 times and it's now in February 2022 sailing on Galicia; Portsmouth to Santander via Roscoff for crew change, missed that when rushing to rebook a few months ago. so that's a two night crossing, dep Portsmouth at 2215 on 10 Feb arr Santander 0800 12 Feb.

We came from Portsmouth to Santander at the end of June on Galicia and that was just a one night crossing - dep 0900 arr 1430 next day

Our crossing in 10 days time is also on Galicia and again is 0900-1430 next day.

I remember Brittany Ferries writing ahead of bringing Galicia into service that it has a more efficient engine (I think it is gas powered rather than diesel) and that it's speed is slower than the older ship. It will be the same thing when their next new ship comes into service, I think in 2022.

Brittany Ferries include the price of one breakfast and one dinner per person in their ticket price but even on the two night crossing, it's still only one breakfast and one dinner.

Unless they've added more since June, there is only one microwave oven available to the public and that's in the far corner of the shop, not ideally placed if you want to reheat your own food rather than buy the onboard offerings.

I too preferred the "Economie" service on Baie de Seine rather than the Economy ticket on the remaining ships.