Lateral Flow Test for UK return flight.

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
tirador
Tourist

Lateral Flow Test for UK return flight.

Postby tirador » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:20 pm

Hi all, We still have a couple of weeks or so of our stay remaining but we are starting to investigate where we can get our Lateral Flow Tests done a couple of days before we fly back to the UK. Some friends who were out here last month said that some of the Farmacias do the tests and provide the necessary paperwork.
Does anyone know of any Farmacias in Rincon de la Victoria ( or possibly Torre del Mar) who do these tests and any idea of the prices they are charging?
Thanks in anticipation.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Lateral Flow Test for UK return flight.

Postby Wicksey » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:27 pm

https://farmaciaalfonsomonllor.com/
20€

Recommended by friends local to Torre del Mar. Can't remember who it was but also someone on the forum has used them.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:31 pm

The medical centre in Rincon do them and provide the travel paperwork. I think they charge 39 euros which is about average unless you had an appointment to be tested at Malaga Airport then it's around 24 euros.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:39 pm

Wicksey wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:27 pm https://farmaciaalfonsomonllor.com/
20€

Recommended by friends local to Torre del Mar. Can't remember who it was but also someone on the forum has used them.
We had ours done her prior to flying to the uk last week. You can just walk in, but we booked and paid in advance. 15 minutes after the test you can collect your certificate. Very efficient. Take your passport.

They are only checked at either the checkin desk or departure gate at Malaga . Not looked at again after landing at Gatwick. In fact nothing was checked at gatwick other than passport as normal. Fastest that we have ever gone through uk immigration at lgw.
Regards

Bob

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:40 pm

I asked at my local chemist and they sell them but don’t provide paperwork, she did say to me that it is now required 24 hrs before the flight not 48 now. Don’t know if this is true.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:02 pm

Absolutely no use for flying without the paperwork as that's what you need to show at the airport. Stamped by the farmacist.

Sure we can buy tests at our local farmacia for 9.95e but it's only good to test yourself to determine wether you have covid. We brought a pile back from the uk where they are given away like sweeties for free.

We flew out from Malaga on the 2nd Sept and it was 48 hours then. Guess it may have changed. Ptesumably your airline's website will have up to date info.
Regards

Bob

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:24 pm

Antigen tests to return to the Uk can be done no more than 72 hrs in advance of flying, you can have a test done within a few hrs of departure if you wanted to leave it that late.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:26 am

My mistake, you're right.
Regards

Bob

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:37 pm

Lets hope all this nonsense is done away with in the next few weeks. or, at least, before I travel !

anyroads

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:53 pm

Once you have these things organised the travelling is a breeze. On the other hand organising them was a complete nightmare.
Regards

Bob

luckyjim
Resident

Postby luckyjim » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:30 pm

Looks like they could be done away with in October, fingers crossed.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:08 pm

Highly unlikely

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:45 pm

Unlikely for other reasons...jobs losses..the testing has provided many jobs and in return the tax they pay is going into the coffers...It's all about
money.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:25 pm

They're only changing the need for a PCR to a lateral flow from what I've read, so not doing away for the need of a day two test in the UK. Just watching the news and they are already talking up the possibility of rising numbers of cases this winter in the England. It could all change yet!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:20 pm

No idea what they are doing Wicksey, they say that there will be an update by the beginning of Oct..or it will be leaked just before. As it is you can return to the Uk with an Antigen test, PCR tests are advisory but not compulsory... Having said that a clinic in Granada tried very hard to pressurise a friend into having a PCR test to travel to the Uk as opposed to an antigen test. I told them that an antigen test was sufficient but they tried to say that they had just received new information saying it had to be a PCR test. Genuine mixed info or just an attempt to give her the more expensive test? Who knows but either reason wouldn't surprise me.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:37 pm

Agree. Not a chance.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:01 pm

I have been quoted eur 120 each for PCR, eur 40 each ( same clinic ) for Antigen...

Decisions decisions !

anyroads

tirador
Tourist

Postby tirador » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:22 pm

Hi All, Thanks for all the comments and info in response to my OP.
We are waiting for the next travel update where it seems ( if you believe the rumours) there is a genuine likelihood that the pre departure test could be scrapped and the Day 2 test become Lateral Flow rather than PCR.
However they also keep mentioning the intention to have this all in place by the October half term, so in reality I expect we will be returning under the current regulations for this holiday.
Hopefully though things may be improved the next time we come here. Regards.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:35 pm

This could go on for years in one form or another.

Covid is not going away, and the "climate change" brigade will no doubt be more than happy people cutting down on their carbon footprints, whilst they stop people going about their business on motorways.

anyroads

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:07 pm

anyroads wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:01 pm I have been quoted eur 120 each for PCR, eur 40 each ( same clinic ) for Antigen...

Decisions decisions !

anyroads
It's a no brainer, 40 each for the Antigen test. :lol: