EU Vac Cert not valid for UK ?

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Parilla
Resident

EU Vac Cert not valid for UK ?

Postby Parilla » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:30 am

The revised travel rules announced to become effective 4th October for entry into the UK appear contrary. Those revised rules were updated yesterday on the ugov website, and say on the one hand that an EU vaccination certificate is acceptable, yet further on say that vaccination certificates must show the dates of BOTH jabs, which the EU cert does not (only the final one) What...........???????????????

Parilla

Cádiz
Resident

Re: EU Vac Cert not valid for UK ?

Postby Cádiz » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:55 am

I am guessing this is just the wording as we cannot have the second vaccine without the first.
it is only then the cert be issued.
Anyway i expect most people have kept the original card with the dates...

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:21 am

Below is the text copied from yesterday's gov.uk amendment note. The requirement for both dates is very clear. I believe the original cards showing both dates were issued by the autonomous regions, and doubt they would be accepted as an EU certificate.

You must be able to prove that you have been fully vaccinated (plus 14 days) with a document (digital or paper-based) from a national or state-level public health body that includes, as a minimum:

forename and surname(s)
date of birth
vaccine brand and manufacturer
date of vaccination for every dose
country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer
If your document from a public health body does not include all of these, you must follow the non-vaccinated rules. If not, you may be denied boarding.

Parilla

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:43 am

Are you saying you got the vaccine and did not get all the info above...
BTW has there being a change since the previous update by UK Gov...
i just had a very quick look and my understanding is the cert good for EU, US etc and what you mention is for others...

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:50 am

Cadiz, I know both dates I was vaccinated on, but the EU cert only gives one date, that of the 2nd jab, when the vaccination was complete. I doubt anyone on a check in desk will take my word as proof, they will rightly want an EU cert. and not something on the back of a fag packet.

My point is that yesterday's update is contradictory when it states both dates are needed - which is correct ? I don't want to leave it to a bun fight at check-in.

Parilla

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:11 am

My OH had the Janssen and on his certificate it says "number in a series of vaccinations and number of doses: 1/1" so presumably the others will say 2/2 to say you've had both? However if all EU certificates are the same and don't show both dates of your jabs then the UK gov site would appear to be confused. The EU obviously believe that having 2 out of 2 required jabs and the final date is sufficient, which it should be. Do they study the certificates that closely when you're boarding?

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:58 am

A glanse is how i would describe it Wicksey.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:44 am

Wicksey wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:11 am My OH had the Janssen and on his certificate it says "number in a series of vaccinations and number of doses: 1/1" so presumably the others will say 2/2 to say you've had both? However if all EU certificates are the same and don't show both dates of your jabs then the UK gov site would appear to be confused. The EU obviously believe that having 2 out of 2 required jabs and the final date is sufficient, which it should be. Do they study the certificates that closely when you're boarding?
From 4am Monday 4 October, you will qualify as fully vaccinated if you are vaccinated either:
under an approved vaccination programme in the UK, Europe, USA or UK vaccine programme overseas....

This is the first two lines...

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:34 pm

As it's an approved EU programme then I should think our certificate is sufficient.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:24 pm

It does say 2/2 on the cert with the date of the last dose.
And as above interms of approved vaccine programe
Last edited by elusive on Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:27 pm

You can download the details of each individual vaccination from Click Salud. Could be useful as backup to the EU certificate.

Sid

Parilla
Resident

Postby Parilla » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:58 pm

Thanks Sid, voice of reason as usual. I'll get the Digicert stuff out and go for that as a back up. I'm not being pedantic here, but timing is important on this occasion ; I need this trip to go without a hitch and, having a scrap at check-in will result in only one loser, me !

Cadiz, I've read the amendments probably more times than you have, and I know what it says from 4th October ( thanks for the advice that's a Monday), but the update also says clearly the VaccCert should have 2 dates - a fact you don't seem to acknowledge as having any importance. A resolution is in sight now, I don't need any more input from you thanks.

Parilla

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:52 pm

You don't seem to understand the document and the advise i gave you which is correct...