72 hour pcr test for children arriving in spain

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
kezzaj
Tourist

72 hour pcr test for children arriving in spain

Postby kezzaj » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:36 pm

Hi all

We have flights booked to Spain later in October for the half term to stay at our apartment hopefully for the first time in nearly 2 years 🤞🏼Today my 15 year old daughter has tested positive for Covid 19, on the day of departure it will have been over 2 weeks since the positive test. The british government advise that she will not be able to take another pcr test for 90 days as it will still show positive. Providing she has recovered does anyone know if we will be able to get a Certificate of recovery to enter Spain instead of taking the pcr test that is required for children 12 years and over? I can’t find any other info online And was hoping someone else may have experienced a similar situation and managed to work around it, if not it will be next year before we can travel ☹️

Thank you in advance for your help

Manchesteral
Resident

Re: 72 hour pcr test for children arriving in spain

Postby Manchesteral » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:49 pm

Why is it necessary to post huge emojis, I've noticed this trend recently and it's mostly newbies who do it and it takes up a lot of screen space, is it necessary ?

kezzaj
Tourist

Postby kezzaj » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:05 pm

Sorry, they were only small when I typed the message and looked like they do on any other message I type but when it posted they became very large. Thanks for the reply tho, if you have anything to offer on the post I’d be very grateful....

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:31 pm

Same happened to me on one occasion, i think it's happening to others too..I don't think it's a new trend amongst posters...Want to add a smiley but dare not incase it's huge..haha. (:

Really sorry i can't help with your post but i do hope someone can and you get to go on holiday :)

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:33 pm

Instead of clicking on the emojis i did it the old fashioned way on the keyboard....

kezzaj
Tourist

Postby kezzaj » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:50 pm

Thanks Pamela1 me too, somebody must have come across the same problem, it’s just finding them! :-)

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daveboy » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:44 am

Hi, What about a call to the Spanish embassy in London. The may be able to help or give you a number for immigration at malaga airport. Just a thought.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:16 am

Hola Kezzaj,
Does your daughter actually have Covid; i.e. with symptoms? If she seems perfectly all right, it may be possible that she has had a false positive test. Therefore, a second test before you travel may well show up negative. I know that would cut it very fine and you should do as daveboy suggests but it may be an answer. In any event, good luck with it all.

kezzaj
Tourist

Postby kezzaj » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:39 am

Hi both thanks for the replies, I tried the embassy yesterday but couldn’t get through so that’s on my list for today. Yes she had a high temperature and then the normal common cold symptoms :-( she’s on the mend now so that’s the main thing the holiday would just be a lovely bonus :-)

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:04 am

Kezzaj, Don't bother phoning, they never answer the phone, i know this from experience, try emailing the one in Edinburgh, they get back quite quickly or they usualy do when my family need to contact them.

kezzaj
Tourist

Postby kezzaj » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:08 am

Okay will do