Locator Form from Spain

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Locator Form from Spain

Postby anyroads » Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:28 pm

I do know from 4th October, you do not need a PCR or Antigen test returning from Spain.

You do need to complete a Locator Form I believe in the 48 hours before you return to the UK. Has Anyone else completed this recently, and is it straightforward?

I believe one of the things you need to enter is details of the "Day 2" test you need to do on return ( but it appears no one chases you to actually complete the test ).

anyroads

dxf
Resident

Re: Locator Form from Spain

Postby dxf » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:48 pm

Hola

I entered the UK (Channel Tunnel) 12 September. I had the day 2 test required number (I did it and eventually it came back negative) for the locator form. All straightforward if you don't have a phobia about filling in forms LOL

Davexf

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daveboy » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:00 am

5 minutes to fill in. Buy your day 2 first as you need the ref number.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:05 am

The locator form is easy, anyroads.

I was chased, by phone call and text, to do the Day 2 test. 'They' do get the results automatically so can check if people do them, or not.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:01 am

Seems to have changed Lavanda since my first trip in July when we had day 2 & day 8 tests to take..They were on the phone every day but of course that was when we also had to self isolate..
There were around 22 of us traveling during August, not all from the same airport and not all on the same day, none of us were chased or contacted to remind us about taking a day 2 test.Everyone took the test & 2 people never received their result, whether the gov officials did is another story but they were never chased up about it and are now past caring apart from the rip off price they paid..I don't think their case is isolated as far as not receiving the results go..
The passenger locator form has a section to add the reference number for the pre booked day 2 test so even if people are not chased up after they return they can't travel without it..
I booked mine on line before i returned to uk, most people book theirs before they leave the Uk so they have the reference number to hand..I will continue to wait and book while i'm away if tests are still required incase anything changes before i return..(IF) many testing companies will not offer a refund..

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:11 am

Is the locator form something you send off, or merely have it on your phone, or does it need printing off before you travel ?

anyroads

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:51 am

Ah! Thanks Pamela1. I travelled mid-June and a lot of things do change very quickly with this Covid virus — even the virus!

You submit the locator form on-line (just push the button at the end) but I printed mine out, as well.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:15 pm

anyroads wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:11 am Is the locator form something you send off, or merely have it on your phone, or does it need printing off before you travel ?

anyroads
You need a copy of the form to show at checkin, or departure gate. Either hardcopy or on phone.
Regards

Bob

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:09 pm

Thanks...

anyroads

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:35 pm

Lavanda wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:51 am Ah! Thanks Pamela1. I travelled mid-June and a lot of things do change very quickly with this Covid virus — even the virus!

You submit the locator form on-line (just push the button at the end) but I printed mine out, as well.
Ha..Yes things seem to be changing...ah, i long for the days when all we had to think about was a plane ticket...
Yes i also print mine off but i dont have the option when i return to Uk...No printer..so it's downloaded to my phone..now if that goes missing or it stops working!! Just aswell i don't travel alone and can locate it on my email on someone elses phone..

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:20 pm

Lavanda wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:05 am The locator form is easy, anyroads.

I was chased, by phone call and text, to do the Day 2 test. 'They' do get the results automatically so can check if people do them, or not.
I have been to Gibraltar and recently to France. Bought the 2 day tests because we had to or code but never sent them in. Never heard a thing from them, I think it is in disarray.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:12 am

I think, Katy, everyone has lost interest. Covid is way down all the news pages now, almost as an after-thought.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:40 am

But the Daily Mail are working on it I bet :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:43 pm

Nice one. They have a daily story of an anti vaxxer dying as part of the propaganda.

Flashman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Flashman » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:54 pm

sorry, can't let that one go. I'm a nurse working in the acute sector in Birmingham and West Bromwich hospitals. almost all of our COVID deaths are now the unvaccinated. it's truly tragic to see up close, bewilderingly people are dying while still insisting they do not have COVID. To coin a phrase from yesteryear 'don't die of ignorance'

brightonion
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby brightonion » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:09 pm

Well said flashman but sometimes you can't win and probably best to ignore. Good on you for working for people who thought that they knew best.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:17 pm

Flashman wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:54 pm
katy wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:43 pm Nice one. They have a daily story of an anti vaxxer dying as part of the propaganda.
sorry, can't let that one go. I'm a nurse working in the acute sector in Birmingham and West Bromwich hospitals. almost all of our COVID deaths are now the unvaccinated. it's truly tragic to see up close, bewilderingly people are dying while still insisting they do not have COVID. To coin a phrase from yesteryear 'don't die of ignorance'
You should copy/post this into the 'new religion' thread also.
Regards

Bob

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:17 pm

I can't let that one go either. I think it is VERY difficult to know what to do for the best; for one's self and for others. I have many friends who are vaccinated and many who are not. Either way, there is uncertainty and confusion and the blame for that lies squarely with the governments and 'advisors' who have consistently muddied the waters. It's very sad when anyone dies of anything but, trust me, everyone will die of something when their time is right.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:17 pm

I agree Lavanda, the waters have been muddied and people are still confused and although i have had the vaccine I wasn't 100% sure i was doing the right thing but i felt exactly the same about not having it. The mad thing about it all is that since i have had the vaccine you would think it would feel much easier to have the booster but i feel more uneasy about that and i am not the only one, i know many people who feel enough is enough.

dxf
Resident

Postby dxf » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:15 pm

Hola

I breathed a great sigh of relief when I had my vaccine jabs; to me it was necessary to "improve" my immune system so that the possibility of dying from Covid was lessened

Davexf