Spain UK Passenger Locator form

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
pensure1988
Resident

Spain UK Passenger Locator form

Postby pensure1988 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:27 pm

I have friends going back to UK on Wednesday 20th October. Question is, can anyone tell me how long on average does it take online to complete these Passenger Locator Forms from start to finish.

Thank You

David

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Re: Spain UK Passenger Locator form

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:35 pm

Around 10 mins, although some people have been on with them for ages, probably back tracking and going over their answers to make sure it has been filled in correctly.. It's best to have the information to hand before starting like passport/flight/seat numbers which are requested. Also the reference number for the day 2 test if fully vaccinated. Address of where you will be staying. :thumbup:

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:41 pm

The easiest thing to do is create an account at the beginning, then when you get to the point where we need to fill dates 48 hours before travel the system will send automatic email and all the info will be saved... All needs doing is log in and fill in the travel times and job done....

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:45 pm

I forgot about that Cadiz, however the first time i did that i had problems, the system was playing up and i had to start over with a new one, hopefully the op will get it done without any probs.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:29 pm

Thank you all who have replied to my question. Will set up an account and take it from there.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:13 am

Friends of mine have done several for their friends going back and they said there were 9 pages to complete and it took them an hour! I've not seen it so don't know what it involves, but couldn't imagine what questions there were to complete that took that long.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:47 am

They are a bit of a pain Wicksey, not something you would want to leave until last min.The form filling, booking and paying for tests is off putting to people and the long weekend short trip away isn't as attractive as it used to be. Many people think why bother...The travel industry will continue to suffer for some time to come.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:46 pm

Took us ages! We first tried on my iPad. Got to the part where you attach your vaccinations data. Hmm wouldn’t accept a pdf, wouldn’t accept an image, wouldn’t scan it!!!! Useless. Tried on wife’s iPad. Same results. Tried on laptop. Couldn’t attach a pdf, couldn’t attach an image but YAY! It scanned the qr code. I assume something was wrong with the system. Now we live in fear of similar problems for the final part of the form which we can only start to fill in Tuesday night.

Why not just enter your nhs number. Then they could verify on the nhs database.

Joined up government. You couldn’t make it up...

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:59 pm

I think the easiest thing to do is do everything separate and print off board pass/locator cert/covid cert and bring with passport...
If printer not available just download separate but its messy at boarding...

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:24 pm

ashtondav wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:46 pm Took us ages! We first tried on my iPad. Got to the part where you attach your vaccinations data. Hmm wouldn’t accept a pdf, wouldn’t accept an image, wouldn’t scan it!!!! Useless. Tried on wife’s iPad. Same results. Tried on laptop. Couldn’t attach a pdf, couldn’t attach an image but YAY! It scanned the qr code. I assume something was wrong with the system. Now we live in fear of similar problems for the final part of the form which we can only start to fill in Tuesday night.

Why not just enter your nhs number. Then they could verify on the nhs database.

Joined up government. You couldn’t make it up...
Which form was that you had problems with, the UK or Spanish one?

My FiL has now become poorly and my OH will have to go back to the UK. At least he only needs the cheaper LFT which I managed to find for 19.50 pounds although a number of the providers had sold out and wouldn't have them back in stock for a couple of weeks. However, the one we picked has sent instructions to upload a photo of the test results (which is a bit of a joke as anyone could have taken the test) so if my OH decides to go through with the test he can't send them as he doesn't have internet on the phone or where he's staying (and there's a very poor mobile signal even if he did have data on the phone). I said he could Whatsapp the photo to me to deal with when he manages to pick up a WiFi signal somewhere, but even that procedure has taken a half page of instructions :roll: :problem:

I have completed the two PLFs as far as I can and will complete the rest 48h before he travels. Again there is now the palava of getting the Spanish QR code to him the day before he comes back home and preferably printed out as I don't think he'll cope with trying to locate where the QR code has gone on the phone. Someone like my FiL would never cope with all this as he doesn't have internet or a Smartphone or an email account. I'm pretty savvy on the laptop and phones but I am finding it a lot to do. I will print out everything as it's easier than faffing around trying to find things on the phone.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:30 pm

Hi Wicksey,

Mrs E went back to UK this week..........Had Test kit delivered....... the only instruction was " if you Test Positive then contact your GP for PCR Test."

As for getting QR code on Form she scanned the the QR code above the 2nd Vaccination date as .png file and uploaded that to the Form.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:35 pm

I don't have a QR scanner. Is that for the Spanish PLF or the UK one? As I cannot look at it until the 48h time limit, I shall have to work it out at the time. I thought I saw something in the Spanish form's instructions that you can enter the information manually if you cannot get the certificate to upload, or it can take it from your NHS records here?? This is definitely not something my OH could do whilst in the UK.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:52 pm

Hi Wicksey,

I'll get the Procedure for the Spain to UK form later from Mrs E...........once I've located her.......... :)

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:14 am

Hi Wicksey,
Sounds like you have a handle on the Spain to UK Locator Form.

The last bit of the Form requires a QR code from the Covid "Passport" Form..... to upload this we scanned the Form (UK Covid forms have two QR codes , the second one is used.) , opened it on the computer and did a screenshot of the QR code , saved the screenshot and uploaded this when the Locator form requested it. Also a scanned copy of Passport needs to be uploaded.

The Booked Test kit has now provided a email with instructions............to send them a photo of the Day 2 Test.

The only item on the phone was the Airline Boarding card.

Once on the Flight only Passport was required to be shown...........Granada -> Madrid -> Heathrow

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:53 pm

I've just completed the form and I didn't have to upload anything. It just asked if the passenger is fully vaccinated but didn't ask for the QR code and didn't need a copy of his passport, only the number. They presumably have simplified it? I was all set for half an hour of struggling with it and it took 5 minutes so that is a relief.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:13 pm

Hi Wicksey,

Please post the link to the Form..........certainly seems they have change it.. ( looking at Mrs E's notes for the Spain to UK 23 Oct.).......the UK to Spain is still a challenge as of 30 Oct..Especially when the Printer decides to not connect..........don't leave it 12hrs before flying to fill in the form. :!: :!:

Guess you will keep us Posted on the return trip.......UK --> Spain

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:45 am

https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-cont ... -travel-uk
Info from that page:
"What you’ll need
To complete the form you’ll need:

your passport details or the travel document you’ll use when you arrive at the UK border
your travel details, including times and dates
the address where you will stay in the UK (if applicable)
booking reference numbers for any COVID-19 tests you must take after arriving in the UK
the invoice number for your quarantine hotel booking if you need one
to prove your vaccination status, and say where you were vaccinated
If you’re arriving in England and using Test to Release, you’ll also need the name of the test provider you booked with."

I have done it, got the email, downloaded it and printed it off last night and it didn't take long. It is just questions like have you been vaccinated and which country, but no details requested, just that he must have his copy of his certificate with him. The email confirms what he needs to show if need be. Just other questions about where he is staying and for how long, address here, DoB, passport number etc. It is four printed pages, the final one just being the declaration, and the first one has the QR code.

I had started it a few days ago and saved it .When I went back in last night it said the form had changed and to make sure all the information was still correct that I had already completed.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:49 am

The UK to Spain one will be completed by me here as my OH does not have internet where he is staying and he will perhaps have to ask the neighbours to help print off the form. I have copies of everything here, his Covid certificates and passport, already saved on the computer if they are needed. Hopefully I can do it all, but 48 hrs before his return to Spain is in the evening and I must do it then to give him the next day to try to get it sorted out in the UK. He is not very tech savvie and I have done a huge list of instructions for him as to where to find downloads on the phone etc so hope that goes OK!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:34 am

Send him them by email.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:44 pm

If it's like the UK one then I'll get the code in an email so he'll be able to access that on the phone once he gets online. I'm sure he'll sort it out but it's a shame it's all so last minute and you can't have a little longer to do these forms. Not sure why it is only 48h before landing time.