Spain UK Passenger Locator form

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Spain UK Passenger Locator form

Postby Wicksey » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:19 am

Leaving Malaga, the PLF and Vaccination certificate were only given a quick cursory glance whilst my OH was in the Ryanair queue to board at the gate (he didn't have hold luggage to check-in so went straight through security). He didn't see anyone at all at Gatwick as he went through the e-gate (with his mask on :shock: :lol: so just his eyes must have been enough to identify him :think: ).

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:59 pm

ashtondav wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:46 pm Took us ages! We first tried on my iPad. Got to the part where you attach your vaccinations data. Hmm wouldn’t accept a pdf, wouldn’t accept an image, wouldn’t scan it!!!! Useless. Tried on wife’s iPad. Same results. Tried on laptop. Couldn’t attach a pdf, couldn’t attach an image but YAY! It scanned the qr code. I assume something was wrong with the system. Now we live in fear of similar problems for the final part of the form which we can only start to fill in Tuesday night.

Why not just enter your nhs number. Then they could verify on the nhs database.

Joined up government. You couldn’t make it up...
You don't need to attach this, you can override it, as long as you have the information on your phone ( the NHS APP ) or the printed copy.
I let my wife do hers first, then I knew the sticking points, so breezed through mine. Who said romance was dead !.

We actually got pinged a day or so afterwards. Can only be from someone on the flight testing positive, and via the locator form. We never did download the Track and Trace APP. We did not have to isolate as we were doubly vaccinated. However it did suggest we have a test. Fortunately we were doing the Day 2 test later that day in any case. Dropped it off at a collection point ( Randox ) for 3pm collection, and we both had texts early the following morning saying we had tested negative. I suppose you do get something for your £43 ( I know this is being downgraded to something like £19, but could go on forever )

anyroads

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:51 pm

anyroads wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:59 pm
You don't need to attach this, you can override it, as long as you have the information on your phone ( the NHS APP ) or the printed copy.
I let my wife do hers first, then I knew the sticking points, so breezed through mine. Who said romance was dead !.

anyroads
Anyroads, I don't know when you did your PLF but there is nothing to attach now. It just asks if you are vaccinated and you tick the yes box. It is very simple to do and took about 10 mins all in. My OH only had to make sure he had a copy of his vaccination certificate with him, but as I said above, the paperwork was barely glanced at when boarding at Malaga.

The lateral flow test is all that's needed now (since 24 Oct) and it costs around 19.50 pounds. You do not have to take it anywhere or send it anywhere, and a lot of people don't bother doing it at all as it's not chased up. My OH's was supposed to be photographed and uploaded but he hasn't got internet but he did took a photo of it just in case. At the moment, going back to the UK from here is pretty straightforward now (as long as you're fully vaccinated).

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:40 pm

I think it is a joke that travelling from Spain (with almost the lowest Covid cases in Europe) that you have to take a test when entering the UK (with almost the highest Covid cases in Europe).

Sid

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:21 pm

A friend of mine was in Greece filling in the form. It asked for a phone number so he put in his home phone number. Only on the next page did he see that a code had been sent to that number which was needed to carry on...

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:01 am

El Cid wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:40 pm I think it is a joke that travelling from Spain (with almost the lowest Covid cases in Europe) that you have to take a test when entering the UK (with almost the highest Covid cases in Europe).

Sid
It’s all a cash cow scam. However cases are on rise in Europe reported in most newspapers this week. Also most countries are not doing the crazy testing like UK.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.fran ... -in-europe

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daveboy » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:33 am

Spain is 3rd on the list of deaths in the EU as of 5/11/2021 so I can see why the UK insist on a test for non vaccinated travellers. If you are double jabbed there is no fit to fly test now.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:12 am

Double jabbed may soon not be considered 'fully jabbed'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... l-jab.html

and the number of deaths registered in Spain may not be what they currently seem:

https://www.vozpopuli.com/sanidad/espan ... virus.html

La ministra de Sanidad no ha querido entrar en detalles, pero sí ha compartido una reflexión "casi espontánea", según ella misma ha dicho: el Ministerio baraja introducir cambios en la forma de contabilizar a los fallecidos para diferenciar a aquellos que mueren "con covid" de quienes lo hacen "por covid".

I seem to remember writing about that in the Spring of last year!
Let's go Brandon!

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:13 am

gruff wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:21 pm A friend of mine was in Greece filling in the form. It asked for a phone number so he put in his home phone number. Only on the next page did he see that a code had been sent to that number which was needed to carry on...
I wasn't sent any code to carry on completing the UK form.

It really is quite straightforward now with only basic information needed of dates travelling, where you're staying, passport number, a phone number for contact (and you can choose contact only by SMS for eg), flight/travel details and the booking number for the LFT. It is 3 pages long with a declaration on page 4.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:20 am

daveboy wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:33 am Spain is 3rd on the list of deaths in the EU as of 5/11/2021 so I can see why the UK insist on a test for non vaccinated travellers. If you are double jabbed there is no fit to fly test now.
However, The current rate is under 50 in 100,000 making it about the lowest in western Europe. lower than most other EU countries and much lower than the UK. The numbers have been stable since the end of summer with a slight increase over the last week or so.

One of the reasons it has been pointless to point out this success is because the virus is unpredictable and nobody can predict what will happen in the future.

My own person take is that the wearing of masks is still quite strict in public places and this with the vaccine has helped to slow down the spread.

However, the argument that it seems strange that entering UK from Spain, where the rates are low, you need to do a test but don't if you enter Spain, from the UK ,where the rates are high, is a valid one, at least with the current numbers.

The fact that other countries in Eastern Europe have higher levels is irrelevant.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:22 pm

Wicksey wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:51 pm
anyroads wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:59 pm

anyroads
Anyroads, I don't know when you did your PLF but there is nothing to attach now. It just asks if you are vaccinated and you tick the yes box. It is very simple to do and took about 10 mins all in. My OH only had to make sure he had a copy of his vaccination certificate with him, but as I said above, the paperwork was barely glanced at when boarding at Malaga.

The lateral flow test is all that's needed now (since 24 Oct) and it costs around 19.50 pounds. You do not have to take it anywhere or send it anywhere, and a lot of people don't bother doing it at all as it's not chased up. My OH's was supposed to be photographed and uploaded but he hasn't got internet but he did took a photo of it just in case. At the moment, going back to the UK from here is pretty straightforward now (as long as you're fully vaccinated).
We came back on the 28th, I know it is all changing again. I expect in a years time, people will still be discussing this. Hopefully by then, it will have downgraded itself to a mild form of flu. I am of the opinion, we will all get it eventually in one form or another. The wearing of masks is taken much more seriously in Spain than the UK. Interestingly, our "papers" were checked at Seville airport on the way back, not at Gatwick when we only had to do the passport.

anyroads

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:41 pm

Same here anyroads...I have done 3 trips so far this year and each one has included all documents checked at Malaga airport before departure...When entering Uk ive only been asked for my passport..
Yes you are definatley right about masks in Spain, they do take wearing them more seriously but i often smile when i see people all bunched into an unorganised queue to get on a bus...You would think they were going to get left behind the way they push and shove..Social distancing doesn't come into it... :lol:
I honestly don't know where Spain is going from here, they have had their vaccine roll out but masks are still very much mandatory in shops and outside if people canot keep within a certain distance..At what point are they going to say enough is enough or is this the new permanent normal for Spain now..

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:19 pm

That tallies with my recent experience. I was just asked if I had a SpTH QR code at the STN departure gate but at the SVQ departure gate they wanted to see my vax certificates as well as PLF. Annoyingly, and as noted by others I was not able to upload of my vaxx forms to the PLF as there was some incompatibility problem. Anyway I had them to hand and my Day 2 test came back negative so happy days...

Saludos

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:29 pm

Are you talking about showing your UK PLF at Sevilla airport? The UK PLF does not require anything to be uploaded. My OH just had a copy of his vaccine certificate with his printed copy of his PLF which was barely looked at.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:51 pm

Yes, Wicksey - I wish I had taken a screenshot of the form and error message. There was an option on the UK PLF to upload a vax record but only if it contained a single QR code (!) which would not have been much use anyway. You can upload the PLF and your vaxx certificates onto your Ryanair boarding pass for convenience but you'll still need to show them as I don't think that gate staff have access to boarding passes.

Saludos

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:07 pm

Just completed the Spanish locator form. Unlike the UK one, it let me do it early, ie earlier than 48 hours before his arrival time in Spain (in fact I don't think it asked a time, only the day). This one you do need to upload your vaccination certificate which is easy enough if it's a Spanish one and you have it available on your computer, otherwise you can add the information manually I think. The only thing it didn't like is I only used his first name initially on page 1 and I had to go back and add his middle name as shown on the certificate. I have forwarded it to my FiL's neighbours who are kindly going to print it out for him. What a palava .... and the whole process is much simpler than it used to be!

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daveboy » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:52 am

Wicksey wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:07 pm Just completed the Spanish locator form. Unlike the UK one, it let me do it early, ie earlier than 48 hours before his arrival time in Spain (in fact I don't think it asked a time, only the day). This one you do need to upload your vaccination certificate which is easy enough if it's a Spanish one and you have it available on your computer, otherwise you can add the information manually I think. The only thing it didn't like is I only used his first name initially on page 1 and I had to go back and add his middle name as shown on the certificate. I have forwarded it to my FiL's neighbours who are kindly going to print it out for him. What a palava .... and the whole process is much simpler than it used to be!
The only problem i have is I never pay for a seat on Ryanair so cant check in until 24 hours before departure. On the Spanish form you have to put your seat number so unless you make one up its a problem.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:49 am

The seat number thing is stupid, there you are in the usual line up for boarding, the people in front of you or behind you in the queue may be seated at one end of the plane away from you yet if you tested positive for covid while you were away they would only track down the people who were sat within a certain distance away from you, ( that is if they even bother to do that) Just like the day 2 test in the Uk, none of it makes any sense at all.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:39 am

You just pointed out something to me that i never thought of as i generally stick in any seat number when checking in, it is just now i realize that the purpose is for tracing...
To be fair to the airlines they have to tick the boxes... the rest up to us....

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daveboy » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:55 am

They contact the row in front and behind. As said you have had to Q up and shuffle down the plane with 150 other people in the previous hour. As long as it looks like they are doing their job i suppose everyone is happy. The day 2 is a farce, I know a family who paid for 1 randox test and 5 of them used the same reference number and didn’t even send any tests in. Owen Patterson ex minister is an adviser too Randox. Surprise surprise.