Malaga passport control

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Malaga passport control

Postby daveboy » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:59 pm

90 minutes today to pass through passport control. Lots of people panicking and then plenty missed flights. Looked like the Spanish were on a deliberate go slow. The Q was back to the stairs where you go up to Burger King.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Re: Malaga passport control

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:45 pm

That's certainly a Q! We are travelling over to Malaga tomorrow but I intend to be in the airport in good time next week when we travel back to the Uk..even though we have a stupid o'clock in the morning flight back, may as well not bother going to bed. Thanks for the heads up. :)

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:53 am

Friend yesterday reported 50 minutes to clear passport control

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:30 am

Trouble is people just don't know what to expect, early July i really did think i was going to miss my flight, we were the last ones on and we were in the airport 3hrs...I don't know what is going on in Malaga airport but just having 2 people scanning passports was diabolical..Those people who end up missing their flights through no fault of their own may be so peed off that they won't want to return..Is that what Spain really wants!

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daveboy » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:22 am

ashtondav wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:53 am Friend yesterday reported 50 minutes to clear passport control
What time was there flight? Mine was 12.45 to Bham. I got to gate and it was last call. Only 10 of us at the gate. Should have been a full flight but about 120 in the end. Slight delay which I thought was very good of Ryanair to wait. Your friends must have been a lot earlier or much later as impossible to get through in 50 minutes.

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby daveboy » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:24 am

Pamela1 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:45 pm That's certainly a Q! We are travelling over to Malaga tomorrow but I intend to be in the airport in good time next week when we travel back to the Uk..even though we have a stupid o'clock in the morning flight back, may as well not bother going to bed. Thanks for the heads up. :)
Ryanair emailed to say big delays and allow 3 hours. I arrived in July and was through in ten minutes. It is then a long wait so this time i did the usual 2 hours. Cut it really fine or though security was really efficient and only 15 mins.