Last minute ferry change

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Last minute ferry change

Postby olive » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:57 pm

Booked Sunday overnight ferry from Portsmouth to Cherbourg including a pet friendly cabin. 11 p.m. sailing arriving 8 a.m.

Today received “ sorry due to recent bad weather and Galicia has developed some issues, you are now on Monday 7 am sailing”

Inconvenient doesnt cover it. We would never have booked a 7 am sailing and we will have to now have a hotel in Portsmouth and get up super early. Plus arrive super late at our next hotel in France

Anyone else experienced this sort of last minute change? No compensation. I dare say their small print covers “ operational changes” . Might be my annual travel insurance covers out of pocket costs.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Last minute ferry change

Postby markwilding » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:14 pm

Not ferry, but it often happens with flights. I received an email today telling me that my flight to Amsterdam in December is leaving an hour later and I wouldn't be surprised if it changes again.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:47 am

Hi olive,

Terms and Conditions ................see......... CHANGES AND CANCELLATION BY US

https://www.brittany-ferries.co.uk/info ... king-terms

You could have asked for a later Ferry :?: ........... that would have delayed your return to Spain.

You will probably have a better chance with your Travel Insurance...........

I've only ever had a complete Cancellation from BF and as it was a Winter season no further Ferries Sailings were available........ Had to Book on P&O (some years ago before P&O pulled out of Bilbao
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:58 am

Thanks Enrique. Section2.2 refers to them sorting accommodation.

A bit late for us as with it being half term , travelling and there being pretty full uk occupancy everywhere you go, we couldn’t take the chance so we booked the Holiday Inn Portsmouth.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:06 pm

That storm was bad. Friends were due in day before yesterday at 20:30. Eventually landed 13:00 yesterday! Most of it diverting from storm. Must have caused massive disruption. This was spain to uk.