Lateral -flow test

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
jonbar.1
Resident

Lateral -flow test

Postby jonbar.1 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:23 am

We are going to UK for Xmas. :wave:
I know we need to book a 2-day test.
I wish to contact one of the suppliers to ask a couple of basic questions. :think: Could any give me contact details for any supplier? ( so I can call them to ask)
Cheers
JB

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Lateral -flow test

Postby Wicksey » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:57 am

https://www.gov.uk/find-travel-test-provider

If you follow 'Start Now' you'll get to the list of 'approved' providers and they give email addresses and phone numbers on the listing on the right. I wouldn't hold your breath for a response though from what I've read. I've just ordered from Nationwide Pathology and the test is already at my Fil's awaiting my OH's visit.

However whether he will bother doing it or not I'm not sure. Very few seem to be doing it and reporting the results if required. There is a choice of going to a centre for a test, doing it over the phone or unsupervised at home. If the results have to be registered then you need to upload a copy of the test but this is difficult for my OH as he won't have internet, so the jury is out as to whether he'll bother with that part or not.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:58 am

Try Randox +44 800 2545 201 calling from UK or +44 28 9562 2016 calling from abroad. I've not used their LFT service but they do offer click and collect from selected airports. I've used Chronomics and C19 for private LFT but they'll need to be sent to a UK address prior to your arrival and Day 2.

Saludos
Last edited by Screagle on Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:59 am

Thanks Screagle & Wicksey.
Maybe you could answer my questions.!
1) Can I book our 2day tests well in advance of our visit? ( we want to do as little as possible at the last minute ! )
2) As we arrive on Xmas Eve our tests would be on Boxing day.As the post is a bit dicey at that time; will they send the tests a few days early? ( our address will be our daughter's so someone there for us )
Cheers again..
JB

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:12 pm

I ordered the test well over a week in advance and it arrived in a couple of days. I'm not sure they even asked what day he is due to travel. As I say, they are not monitored or chased up so if you were late getting it I wouldn't worry about it. It's just to get the order number for the PLF. Hopefully requirements won't change before Christmas for you Jonbar.

Nationwide Pathology's LFT was 19.50 and was immediately sent. Some of the other providers had notices that they had sold out and won't have more in stock until 3 or 8th November. You can choose to have an unsupervised test at home which is less hassle.

I have also ordered some free NHS tests that have just been delivered to my FiL's. They send out a pack of 7 so my OH can test himself if at all concerned whilst he is there, or before he comes home .... don't want him bringing any Brit germs home with him :lol:

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:43 pm

Hi jonbar.1,

"we want to do as little as possible at the last minute ! )"...........could be a more costly option.

Real live example...... Mr E due to fly 25th October..........the LFT came in 22 October ..£18 against the PCR Test . Ordered it 23 October Code comes same day.

The Test kit was at the UK address before Mrs E arrived on Monday evening........Test taken on Day 2 and uploaded photo of result.

It may all change in two months so best to chill.......... :D
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:52 pm

Wicksey is correct. Impossible to get through on phone. Wouldn't worry about sending them back. Haven't sent mine back twice Aug and Sept nothing has happened.

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:41 pm

Thanks everyone.
So can I just confirm.: Tests are ordered online and the kits are sent to the stipulated address.They are likely to be there before our "day 2" ? ( as our "day 2" is boxing day we were a bit concerned)
Not too worried about saving a few quid for the sake of an efficient exercise.
Cheers JB

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:36 pm

Hi jonbar.1,

Order week /10 days before travelling...........it's the Test ID ( sent by email to you ) that is needed for your Location Form to UK.

Test kits sent to your UK address.

Locator Form currently completed within 48 hrs of travel by Plane.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:37 pm

JB - have you looked into click and collect your LFTs from arrival airport? That will eliminate dependency on post or couriers.

Saludos

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:50 pm

Cheers Enrique.
That's all clear.My only concern was that the suppplier got the kits to the address in time for our "day 2".

Cheers Screagle.That's worth consideration.
Mind you if it's a popular option.....big queues :?
JB

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:53 pm

As I have said, I ordered it online over a week in advance and it was there in a couple of days, still over a week before it will required.

Since it is not chased up then there's no real need to worry about it. My OH may choose to do it if he just wants to check he's not carrying anything but it's doubtful the results will get submitted as he won't have internet where he's staying. Just order it well in advance and as Enrique says, chill ...

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:04 pm

Wicksey, like everything else covid related..tests and PLF's are a palava people could well do without..I did mine today but if i didn't have internet then it would have been pointless..I never had to include vaccine dates of both jabs when i did pcr tests on day2, neither did i have to confirm which vaccines i had.This has already been confirmed before we can board the plane to return home so why again i do not know..Everything we do becomes more of the same, it's all very repetative..