Playa La Caleta

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
tntinftw

Playa La Caleta

Postby tntinftw » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:31 pm

My husband and I have a plan to travel the south of Spain next year and will be spending at least one day in Cadiz before going to Sevilla for a couple of days. We are beach go-ers and enjoy relaxing on the sand and in the sun and found La Caleta as a good place to stop around the sights we would like to visit.

I have seen laws of changed within Cadiz over the past few years where nude sunbathing is not permitted, but what about topless sunbathing? Is this something that is still okay? If so, is it acceptable at any part of the beach or is it wiser to move down to the portion heading towards Castillo de San Sebastian?

Thank you for your help!

daveboy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Playa La Caleta

Postby daveboy » Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:05 pm

topless is accepted on all Spanish beaches but i guess if lots of families and young kids go to a quieter part of the beach. Not sure now but I always thought nude sunbathing was legal in spain although again best to pick a nudist area to respect families. Not my thing so not 100% sure on the nudist bit.

tntinftw

Postby tntinftw » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:33 pm

Thank you, daveboy. I found several news articles stating back in '16 new laws were passed in Cadiz forbidding nudity at the urban beaches. I just didn't know if this meant only full nudity was illegal or being topless, as well.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:49 pm

Simple solution. If objected to, just say you identify as a man.

Sid

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:45 am

I cant imagine it means topless. As like many euro countries its pretty much seen as the norm here