Passport stamp

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
ashtondav
Resident

Passport stamp

Postby ashtondav » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:49 pm

i am booked to fly out to spain next week but ive just noticed that our trip from the 9 sept to 19 october was stamped at enry but not at exit. Does anyone know the procedure? How do i corect it? Ive heard that ferry tickets, bank withdrawals etc are unaccepted reading other threads. We abviously handed both passports together but my wife has a stamp i dont.

Edit. Phew found the stamp but it was many pages away from the entry. AT this rate im going to need a new passport every 5 years if they only use one page per stamp!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Passport stamp

Postby costakid » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:26 pm

I have 8 on the same page. 4 in and 4 out.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:52 pm

The ferry must use larger stamps! Assuming yours are airports.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:25 pm

No all the same. I have a Santander one next to a Malaga one and identical in size. Another one added tonight as I came through Malaga.

phototext
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby phototext » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:29 am

Well I got a good one yesterday. Arrived early at the airport toface the passport control que. it was deserted! My stamp was 31/11/21 they robbed me of four days! Wait a minutes 31/11/21 doesn’t exist. Will I need a tardis to return?

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:58 pm

My wife & I are British but Spanish residents,flying back to UK for Xmas.
Could anyone please confirm if we will have our passports stamped: a) Leaving Spain ?
b) Entering UK ?
c) Leaving UK ?
d) Entering Spain ?
e) None of the above ?
I've heard that,as residents,we will not have stamps.
I've heard that we need to present our TIEs at P'port-control to avoid having stamps.
I've heard a lot of stuff on this subject.Can anyone tell me where I can find the definitive ( official?) Answer?
Cheers : JB

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:17 pm

e).

But as long as you have your TIE it doesn’t matter if anyone stamps it by accident or not.

British embassy Facebook page:

“If you have had your passport incorrectly stamped, despite showing proof of residency, we want to reassure you that your rights in Spain will not be affected. If you are still not officially resident, the stamp will also not affect your ability to apply under the Withdrawal Agreement, as long as you can demonstrate that you were legally residing here by 31 December 2020.

“When travelling in the future, any stamp will be considered null and void when accompanied by evidence of lawful residence such as your residency certificate. Some border authorities may annul incorrect stamps when presented with evidence of residence, but this is not required. If you wish to raise an incorrect stamp with the authorities you should contact the Ministry of Interior http://www.interior.gob.es/contacto,”

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:23 pm

There is a lot of confusion with this not because of the rules but for some reason the police at passport control sometimes don't know them.
You should definitely carry your proof of residence with your passport because your word will no be enough and make sure they are not stamped, However, refer to the previous post should this happen..

Another thing to take into account is If Spain follows France and stops entry for non-nationals/residents, not having the TIE etc with you will make getting back to Spain a problem

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:27 pm

You won't get stamped going into of leaving the uk because you have a British passport (i presume) who knows what will happen leaving or arriving in Spain. Depends on who you get. People advise to show your T.I.E etc first before your passport

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:35 pm

No passport stamps UK end. Carry TIE and present that to Spanish and I doubt they will stamp it. If no TIE stamped on entry and exit Spanish end.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:43 pm

Last month my OH travelled to the UK and back. He handed over his TIE and UK passport and it wasn't stamped, neither leaving Spain nor returning.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:33 pm

Do they stamp E U member passports ?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:15 pm

Only third countries get stamped. Ive read of other third country residents getting stamped. They say its nothing new