Puente

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Puente

Postby Lavanda » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:25 am

A run of five days holiday lies ahead for some lucky people. Apparently there will be 8 million people on the move today. My plans are to stay home but is anyone going anywhere lovely? I like to live vicariously at times.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Puente

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:01 pm

We are not going anywhere lovely. We are already at somewhere lovely and it has the best restaurant in Andalucía... my dining room! No muzzles, no social distancing and no lethal injections required. Oh, and nobody else is welcome.
Let's go Brandon!

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:14 pm

Sounds good to me. Enjoy!

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:08 pm

Just been to the local Costa ( seaside not horrible overpriced coffee) . It was lovely. We try and avoid puente weekends. Too many people and traffic.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:41 pm

Beachcomber wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:01 pm We are not going anywhere lovely. We are already at somewhere lovely and it has the best restaurant in Andalucía... my dining room! No muzzles, no social distancing and no lethal injections required. Oh, and nobody else is welcome.
Well if you catch something Beach you will know who to point a finger at.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:10 pm

Catch something? I don't actually have a fishing lake!
Let's go Brandon!

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:50 pm

I aint going nowhere in this wind!!! ... it's been blowing a gale for several days and aemet forecast force 7 tomorrow!

gavilan
Andalucia Guru

Postby gavilan » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:06 pm

actually this wind makes me think I should be considering a wind turbine not solar panels!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:26 am

Cool wind on coast all week but lovely and warm with no wind as I left Malaga on Friday afternoon for the UK. A bit of an eye opener when I landed as was minus degrees.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:50 am

We have lovely sunny days but the strong wind is straight from the north and it feels freezing outside. I'm doing pre-Christmas planning inside the house where the estufa keeps everything cosy.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:11 pm

As already posted in other threads, We have taken the opportunity to visit Zaragoza and Barcelona. After the terrible weather of the last few weeks, it’s nice to see blue skies and and experience mild temperatures.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:45 pm

It's been a lovely weekend here with no wind to speak of. Quite hot in the sun and wonderful clear blue skies. We avoid going out at busy holiday times. That's why we go away the last week of November rather than the first week of December in order to celebrate the OH's birthday, to avoid the big holiday week. Weather in Lanzarote last week wasn't great though, so nice to be back home in the sunshine. It doesn't seem to matter how the 6th and 8th falls, it always turns into a huge long weekend.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:49 pm

Our village is rammed with tourists. Coaches from as far as valladolid amongst many others from salamanca,huelva etc etc. I like coach spotting :shock: and streets full of camper vans. Blue skies but a blustery wind

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:32 pm

We normally get inundated with people coming 'home' for the holidays but I was last in the village on Friday and it was quiet. By the time I go back, at the end of next week, I hope it will also be quiet.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:50 pm

Spoke too soon. The wind has just arrived here .... blowing a gale now!

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:52 pm

On the Beaufort Scale it's gusting force 7 up here which is one step below a gale ( Force 8 ) Would expect less in your sheltered little hollow W

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:06 am

Last day of the holidays. The wind has picked up again after yesterday when we had thick mist and rain. Typical holiday weather in any country! It's cold. We have snow on the mountains in the north. If we get a decent day soon I shall go and walk in the snow just to get that Christmas feeling (which the Spanish are rubbish at).

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:40 am

Lavanda wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:06 am If we get a decent day soon I shall go and walk in the snow just to get that Christmas feeling (which the Spanish are rubbish at).
Looked like they were in the Xmas spirit Monday night in Malaga if the picture in the Sur are anything to go by. 10s of thousands crammed in the city. I really hope there’s not any viruses going around.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:47 am

I missed that about Málaga but have been following the story that the province of Granada wants to become an autonomous region as it is fed-up with the endemic corruption in Andalucia — but that's another potential thread ... I love Málaga but haven't visited for years as four years ago I was seduced away by the beauty and squares and restaurants of Cádiz.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:54 am

Here in the Uk it's cold and wet in my area, didn't get the big snow storm which they said we would get yesterday.Got a text from electric company warning about storm Barra, didn't get one about the last storm a couple of weeks back when we were without electric for 5 nights, some homes have yet to be connected...The last time i experienced anything like it was over 30yrs ago..Freezer contents were all to throw out..Refilled at the weekend only to discover yesterday the freezer wasn't working properly...Just another £200 worth of meat and fish gone to waste and the cost of a new freezer, hey ho happy days...Strong gale force winds in Spain mean lots of dust at our campo house but perhaps during the winter if the ground is damp/wet maybe the dust wouldn't be that bad..
I haven't been there during a power cut so i have no experience of long people are without power.I gather power cuts can happen often in some areas.