Puente

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Re: Puente

Postby Lavanda » Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:05 am

That's a tale of woe, Pamela, and an expensive one as far as the freezer is concerned. I see you live in Durham — beautiful part of the world.

My only experience of village power cuts come in the Summer. Must be an overload of people using air-conditioning!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:30 pm

I'm back home in Bilbao as I always work on non-holiday days (yesterday), even though very few turn up for classes. Cold, rain and strong winds at the moment so I think I will relax at home. One thing to look forward though, my wife usually makes something very British on public holidays for lunch and today is no exception. she is making a chicken pie, which will will have with mash and gravy.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:36 pm

We have just returned from our 12km walk and we met many more people out walking than normal. It is a cloudless fairly warm day but I don't know if it is just because of the puente or they are topping up their innate immunity with excercise and vitamin D etc!
Let's go Brandon!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:20 pm

Logically, I'd put it down to nothing more than the fact it's a public holiday. A bit similar to Barcelona having so many tourists last weekend. I suspect many would prefer it to be less busy but can't get to do these things at other times because they have other commitments such as school or work. Nice to kwow people are just out and about enjoying doing normal public holiday activities.

Spain has more public holidays than the UK but unlike the UK, in most regions they are lost if they fall at the weekend, This year both 25th December and 1st January will be lost.
Last edited by markwilding on Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:31 pm

Lavanda wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:05 am That's a tale of woe, Pamela, and an expensive one as far as the freezer is concerned. I see you live in Durham — beautiful part of the world.

My only experience of village power cuts come in the Summer. Must be an overload of people using air-conditioning!
Ha..you could say that Lavanda....It doesn't get any better, was going to Krakow this week but sister got covid a couple of weeks ago and is still testing positve, apparently people can continue to test positive up to a few months after recovery..It's not worth the risk of not being able to return to Uk or indeed the day 2 test upon returning.It would mean that i also would have to self isolate being a contact and people on the same plane would be pinged...The Uk doesnt have a system which allows for proof of having recently recovered from covid in the form of a certificate...
Besides that I never thought we would be back to tests and more scaremongering when i booked the flights but here we are...Freedom of less restrictions didn't last long...
Yes Lavanda, a beautiful place in the County of Durham but bleak and cold in the winter months. Can't wait for my Easter trip to Spain, now what on earth could go wrong! :lol: