App for spth form

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Manchesteral
Resident

App for spth form

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:51 pm

Possibly not the right place to put this question but here goes anyway ! does anyone know how to download the app (to an android phone) for the spth form, or l !it only be done 48 hours (or less) before travel, thanks in advance Al !

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: App for spth form

Postby costakid » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:57 pm

You can only fill in the form within 48 hours of travel but if there is an app it will be in the android app store and you just download it and use as and when you need too.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:59 pm

thanks, I'll check it out !

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:03 pm

just checked apple app store and its on there so 100% it will be on Android store.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:17 pm

Hi all, just checking the entry requirements for Spain on the Finnair website and, tucked away there is a note, for those of you not aware, the printed version of the form alone is NOT acceptable for entry, you MUST have the QR code in your phone, I wasn't aware of this but I am now, cheers Al !

P I am so paranoid about travel these days I check everything !

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:43 pm

And for those without a smart phone? Can’t believe they’d deny entry to my 93 year old mum.

Or would they?

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:03 pm

Manchesteral wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:17 pm Hi all, just checking the entry requirements for Spain on the Finnair website and, tucked away there is a note, for those of you not aware, the printed version of the form alone is NOT acceptable for entry, you MUST have the QR code in your phone, I wasn't aware of this but I am now, cheers Al !

P I am so paranoid about travel these days I check everything !
Wasn't the case last week when my wife returned from a quick visit to the uk. She had paper copies of all the required docs. Nor was it the case back in sept when we both came back. But i guess at the moment having the correct documents is a bit of a moving feast.
Regards

Bob

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:07 pm

ashtondav wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:43 pm And for those without a smart phone? Can’t believe they’d deny entry to my 93 year old mum.

Or would they?
I was wondering about a situation such as that, thay are not making it easy :x :x !

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:09 pm

Did she also have the documents stored digitally on her phone ?

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:14 pm

Hmmnn, they were on the phone as i put them there, but she'd have no idea how to access them :-) . Much like a load of people at the departure gate who had to rely on the staff to search through their phones to find them. My missus on the other hand waltzed through with paper copies.
Regards

Bob

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:09 pm

I have a mate who is not tech at all and everything is on paper. Never on phone as he doesn’t know how to do it and prefers hard copy. He travels a lot so i guess it must your airline that are being awks. I on the other hand print nothing, all screen shots etc on phone.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:52 pm

When my OH travelled back here on 19/11 he only had a paper copy of the Spanish form which he blipped when he came through Malaga. His phone hadn't been online at all whilst he was away so he had nothing downloaded on it at all. (I emailed the Spth confirmation email to a neighbour who printed it off for him). Not everyone has a Smartphone of course so for some people it will be impossible to have it on their phones.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:17 am

Just use paper print-outs. People lose phones. Yhey don't work. The battery goes dead. You would have to be crazy to rely on a phone. I always do everything with paper as I do not have a "Smart" phone. Nor do lots of other people.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:49 am

I do have a smartphone, but for all the reasons above, plus a couple more i always print everything. I would bet that we get through the various doc checks way faster than tjose who proffer a phone..
Regards

Bob

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:59 am

Exactly. How many times have I been in an airport queue behind someone fiddling with their phone holding everyone up? Lots.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:27 am

Some people don't prepare. If they had paper tickets they would wait until the gate to start to fiddle around looking for them. It's the same in the supermarket, How often do I have to wait for someone to take their money or credit card out of the purse or wallet? It's almost as if they are surprised they are being asked for payment.

I go through the gate in seconds, previously with printed off paper tickets and now with the phone. Travelling on weekend city breaks without having access to a printer can be a problem especially as many airlines start check in 24 hours before the flight.

I have been following this thread, which for me has been a very useful and as a result, have downloaded the app as it looks like the easiest way to do it for when I come back from Holland at Christmas

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:23 pm

Agreed Mark. Technophobes are hopeless at phones and some people cannot access printers. However, some people are prepared and organised and some are not — whatever method they use.

I wish you a lovely time when you are back for Christmas!

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:42 pm

markwilding wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:27 am Some people don't prepare. If they had paper tickets they would wait until the gate to start to fiddle around looking for them. It's the same in the supermarket, How often do I have to wait for someone to take their money or credit card out of the purse or wallet? It's almost as if they are surprised they are being asked for payment.

I go through the gate in seconds, previously with printed off paper tickets and now with the phone. Travelling on weekend city breaks without having access to a printer can be a problem especially as many airlines start check in 24 hours before the flight.

I have been following this thread, which for me has been a very useful and as a result, have downloaded the app as it looks like the easiest way to do it for when I come back from Holland at Christmas
Are you in Holland now Mark? I have relatives in Den Haag and they tell me restrictions are strict. Shops have to close early, no more than 4 visitors per day, and take a test before visiting anyone. Lots more. Not to mention lots of anti lockdown/anti Vax demos.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:51 pm

Thank you for all your observations on this subject, usually I am very prepared, on this occasion I accepted the advice of Finnair.

The problem is that I am leaving Helsinki at 17.20 on Monday 20.12.2021 and the spth form cannot be completed until 28 hours (or less( before departure so I am understandably anxious.

I think I will go with the concensus here and just take the paper version (if the digital one is not forthcoming, thanks for the replies, Al :thumbup: !

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:32 pm

katy wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:42 pm
markwilding wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:27 am Some people don't prepare. If they had paper tickets they would wait until the gate to start to fiddle around looking for them. It's the same in the supermarket, How often do I have to wait for someone to take their money or credit card out of the purse or wallet? It's almost as if they are surprised they are being asked for payment.

Are you in Holland now Mark? I have relatives in Den Haag and they tell me restrictions are strict. Shops have to close early, no more than 4 visitors per day, and take a test before visiting anyone. Lots more. Not to mention lots of anti lockdown/anti Vax demos.
I'm going on the 26th and returning on the 30th. For the moment my vaccine passport is enough and I have to download and fill out a PLF. I was in Madrid in August during a anti-vaccine demo with no problem and here in Bilbao demos are a regular occurrence so it doesn't really bother me.

Apart from that we will have to adapt. I already have to wear a mask for long periods of the day so I'm used to it.