Free travel insurance for tourists

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Manchesteral
Resident

Free travel insurance for tourists

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:22 pm

I am travelling to Gran Canaria tomorrow where I will stay for an, as yet, undetermined length of time.
I am travelling to Corralejo in Fuerteventura on 30.12 to stay with friends over new year, Looking on one of the official Canary island websites it states that the Canary islands government are offering "free covid insurance" whatever that may mean to tourists !
This is on a site called canaryislandstips.comfuerteventura !
Anyone know what this might be ?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Free travel insurance for tourists

Postby elusive » Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:36 pm

Prob the same as andalucia where you would get healthcare and i think they would provide accomadation if needed. Thought you were a spanish resident?

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:08 pm

Yes I am a Spanish resident but I have been living in Finland for the last nine months so I will officially be a tourist.

if I really want to confuse them I can whip out British and Finnish passports, British and Finnish nationality and Spanish residency :lol: :lol: !!

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:19 pm

Andalucia required people to stay in offical registered tourist accommodation to be covered. Dont know about the canaries

If they check i guess they will class you as a resident and expect you to have heallthcare anyway. Or if you have had your residency less than 5 years then offically you will have lost it as you have to stay in spain for at least 6 months of the year. it totally depends on how they view you if they bother to check. Hopefully you wont have to worry about being in that situation.just get travel insurance with covid cover if you can.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:06 am

elusive wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:19 pm Andalucia required people to stay in offical registered tourist accommodation to be covered. Dont know about the canaries

If they check i guess they will class you as a resident and expect you to have heallthcare anyway. Or if you have had your residency less than 5 years then offically you will have lost it as you have to stay in spain for at least 6 months of the year. it totally depends on how they view you if they bother to check. Hopefully you wont have to worry about being in that situation.just get travel insurance with covid cover if you can.
My status is complicated, I do have health insurance with Sanitas/Sanitad at a cost of 1800 euros per year, I was just curious !