Covid test centre Malaga airport

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Cádiz
Resident

Re: Covid test centre Malaga airport

Postby Cádiz » Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:05 pm

costakid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:20 pm
Pamela1 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:49 pm As far as i can see LFT in Malaga airport are now 30e. They used to be around 24e.The travelcovidcentre website for booking now seems none existent, it's now flycovid but that took some finding.
If and when testing returns I will stick with Bioclon in Malaga as they offer a very professional service for a reasonable price. The last thing you need is a drama at the airport 2 hours before you fly.
Costa you love this...

Me arrive Airport last summer 3_hrs before Easyjet flight with hold bag... Had to wait in line for test... then join line for check-in bag worried about result being in time which came ok.... Then realized if i stayed in line i miss flight... Headed up to security but i realized that i had stuff in bag that not go through and because it was worth too much to lose and i be delayed at security i put in plastic bag and put behind one of the vending machines opposite security... went through security and just made flight... Checked behind vending machine when back about weeks later and stuff gone... Some security guy got my goodies (€100 about) but i got the all important...

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:07 pm

Cádiz wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:05 pm
costakid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:20 pm
Pamela1 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:49 pm As far as i can see LFT in Malaga airport are now 30e. They used to be around 24e.The travelcovidcentre website for booking now seems none existent, it's now flycovid but that took some finding.
If and when testing returns I will stick with Bioclon in Malaga as they offer a very professional service for a reasonable price. The last thing you need is a drama at the airport 2 hours before you fly.
Costa you love this...

Me arrive Airport last summer 3_hrs before Easyjet flight with hold bag... Had to wait in line for test... then join line for check-in bag worried about result being in time which came ok.... Then realized if i stayed in line i miss flight... Headed up to security but i realized that i had stuff in bag that not go through and because it was worth too much to lose and i be delayed at security i put in plastic bag and put behind one of the vending machines opposite security... went through security and just made flight... Checked behind vending machine when back about weeks later and stuff gone... Some security guy got my goodies (€100 about) but i got the all important...
Great story. You will remember that a lot longer than a straight forward check in without a drama.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:47 pm

Yes it was quite funny, the beginning of it sounded similar to the very first time i travelled and had to be tested... In the early days when testing was first introduced finding a test centre wasn't so easy...Here in the Uk there was low confidence of getting the test results back on time so people could fly, in Spain people had problems locating test centres..Can you remember the drama back then costakid ? :lol: Now there are more testing companies than mobile phone shops. :lol:
I ended up booking an appointment in Malaga airport because i didn't have the name of another clinic at the time, i had to take the only appointment left which was 3 hrs before my flight, same as Cadiz, standing in line and worrying about being organised in time...Everything went well thank goodness at the test centre in the airport and at check in, that was until i turned the corner heading for passport control and saw the queue, PANIC.. We were the last ones on the plane and we just made it but we know there were others who didn't...The security officers at passport control just took their time, there was one desk open, it was unbelievable and i have never seen this at Malaga airport in the past. Covid / brexit or both has changed everything but it's difficult to know when both have happened at the same time :?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:10 am

30th december the airport was dead on the night. 3 guys on passport control when 1 would have been enough. Another time at least 1500 in the Q and only 4 guys working on go slow. You never know what to expect but now i am going to airport 3 hours before and if through quickly just chilling rather than have the stress.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:24 am

Yep, i agree about gettng to the airport supper early nowadays..Like you say you never know what to expect and each time has been a different experience, whether it has been queuing at passport control or the same at checkin.

parlance

Postby parlance » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:23 pm

Hello. I'm traveling from the US, and I'm looking for a test site for the return trip either in Malaga or Marbella. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:03 pm

parlance wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:23 pm Hello. I'm traveling from the US, and I'm looking for a test site for the return trip either in Malaga or Marbella. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Bioclon Clinica
El Palo District
Malaga City

parlance

Postby parlance » Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:22 pm

Thank you!