fully jabbed

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

fully jabbed

Postby costakid » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:06 pm

I have read but only in newspapers that if your second vaccine was over 270 days ago and you’ve not had the booster from feb 1st 2022 you are not allowed to enter Spain. Is this true? I rang the embassy in London and they hadn’t heard that but told me to check the .gov website for advice.
There is nothing on that site either but all the Spanish rags like Olive Press etc have run an article. Where are they getting their information? If you google it all the sites confirming it are Spanish expat newspapers. The reason I am asking is we are travelling early feb and one of the party hasn’t had the booster and as its under 14 days now to trip that booster is not classed as active.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: fully jabbed

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:23 pm

From the Vueling website:
The vaccination certificate shall include at least the following information:
Name and surname of the holder.
Date of vaccination, indicating the date of the last dose administered. (Effective 1 February, The vaccination certificates will be valid from 14 days after the last dose up to a maximum of 270 days. After that, the booster dose is required).
Type of vaccine administered.
Number of doses administered/complete schedule.
Issuing country.
Identification of the agency issuing the vaccination certificate.

It appears that if you are considered unvaccinated then only certain passengers from the UK are allowed in with a negative test, such as Spanish residents, transport personnel, health professionals etc.

Also here:
https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/s ... ebruary-1/

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:52 pm

Eventually i doubt there will be many countries who will allow unvaccinated people in...They have everyone cornered..The saddest for me is families who do not want their children to be vaccinated against Covid 19 and who may end up giving in so that they can travel..

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:10 pm

Well, there is nothing new about that. There are many countries where you are only allowed entry if vaccinated - typically Yellow Fever.

Sid

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:47 pm

It looks like they are getting us all where they want us, herded like sheep every 8 months for a booster to enable travel. I guarantee there will be lots of property going on the market by anti vaxers

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:00 pm

Exactly costakid, i resent it and i am fully vaccinated.... Where does it end, will Spain eventually insist that their own residents are fully vaxed if they are travelling back into the country after leaving the Schengen area? Like you say they are getting us all where they want us...

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:48 pm

Sid, yellow fever is understandable but once covid becomes endemic, I don't see why a covid should be mandated for travel. The flu isn't.....

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:09 pm

Russian flu that killed 1000s is now the common cold but was a type of corona virus

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:41 pm

Unvaccinated is a more polite term I think. I am not anti-vaccination.

I think the yellow fever jab underwent a longer trial period than the Covid vaccine, and was not a new method of production like the mRNA and DNA ones.

Well, the UK has now dropped quarantine for the unvaccinated although testing is still required. If it's anything like the LFT was then it was never followed up. At least now I can consider going back if necessary, (although I know people did not isolate when it was required in the past, but I have heard of very zealous chasing up by phone and knocking on doors).

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:42 pm

Yellow Fever Vaccine is exactly what it says "a vaccine" with a well proven safety record established over a great many decades and is a once in a lifetime shot and gives "total immunity" to the recipient.
"The yellow fever vaccine is highly effective. The WHO states that the vaccine provides immunity within 10 days for 80–100% of people. Within 30 days, more than 99% of vaccinated people are immune. NO boosters required. Wholly different to the Covid 19 Jab and the countries requiring "Yellow Fever" certification to enter are very few and virtually all in Central Africa. Not a big package holiday destination!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:04 pm

That’s irrelevant. My point was that compulsory vaccination is not a new idea. I did not suggest that the Covid vaccine falls in that category.

Sid

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:20 am

No, it's not a new idea, of course. We all know that. We'd all be like pin cushions if vaxxes were mandated for travel for every disease, though.

maureenscot
Resident

Postby maureenscot » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:45 am

From 11th Feb no LFT required to enter UK

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:38 am

My worry is if and when they start insisting on a 4th and 5th jab to enter Spain or other EU countries. My long haul days are over so that wouldn’t be a problem for me personally.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:59 pm

costakid wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:38 am My worry is if and when they start insisting on a 4th and 5th jab to enter Spain or other EU countries. My long haul days are over so that wouldn’t be a problem for me personally.
Thats the issue. How long before a 4,5,6 booster. Ive just had my booster and i bet i would have felt LESS ill if i actually had had covid! I resent that alot when ive got more chance of being knocked over by a bus than becoming seriously ill with covid. I certainly wont be having anymore boosters although tbh i will be surprised if they do anymore except for the O.A.Ps then again that was Spains plan until omicron turned up! :roll:

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:43 pm

Elusive, my OH was in bed for a week after his 2nd jab and lost a stone in weight. It took him ages to recover and quite honestly, he seems to have lost a lot of his energy, he isn't really himself still. He decided not to have the booster. A difficult decision, as he is old and has a couple of health issues....

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:46 pm

Sounds horrendous Irene, i know one or two people who have had bad side effects after they had the vaccine but not really as bad as your OH...I think it would put me off also if i had felt as ill as he did.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:28 pm

Thats terrible irene. Losing that amount of weight is seriously not good. Have you seen your dr about it. My first 2 were Pfizer and no issues other than a sore arm. The booster been moderna (a few i know have had that and all felt ill with it) thought i was getting Pfizer as it said that on my appointment but I guess maybe it ment thats what i had already had?? Anyway to late to ask after it had been injected should have asked before. It didnt help that they didnt inject right in the middle of my arm so its caused alot of swelling and soreness right underneath and in the armpit. Ontop of the nausea and sweating buckets through the night.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:58 pm

Yes, he saw a doctor the first day he got ill and wasn't deemed poorly enough for hospital. Since then, with the booster looming, he asked the doctor's advice and was told he should have the booster.... the doc advised it (despite knowing what had happened) but my OH decided he wouldn't have it.

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:57 am

My vaccinations were carried out in the UK, so I don't know, does Spain or the EMA have an equivalent to the US VAERS and MHRA's "Yellow Card" system? Searches turned up reports but not a go-to site. My 3rd Moderna resulted in a 48hr noticeably more sore arm than than the two A-Z (nada from the 2nd, a couple of hours mild soreness from the 1st). The yellow card is a pretty easy way to self-report and makes for useful data.