My Latest Project....Museum Gordon. World Social History

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Re: My Latest Project....Museum Gordon. World Social History

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:29 pm

Chrissie,
Thanks for that , I'll be in touch when I've finished with my English conversation and craft class, busy today and more kids than usual for the craft class...

Saludos,
Gordon

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:31 pm

Olive....Great suggestion... :D

So you think that social history title is adequate ?

Saludos,
Gordon.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:07 pm

We've had quite a steady flow of visitors since we opened the Museum and more coming in little groups by appointment now and next week the Villa Romana exhibition at our local town hall will be sending more visitors.
Also this week I've restarted my little English conversation groups for everyone and more are now attending each group and they seem to like the new look and being able to view and discuss the exhibits.

I've also started a little section with books ,fiction and non-fiction, ( all languages ), available free to anyone and we've made available a donation box for visitors who wish to leave a little donation to support the Museums various projects.

So if anyone has any unwanted books / magazines even old ones we would be very grateful to receive them, if you are passing by or visiting the museum.
We can also now accept any clean bedding or surplus cat / dog bowls -beds etc.,to pass on to the various animal rescue organisations in the area.
Thank you for your support. :thumbup:
Saludos,
El Museo Gordon...

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:15 am

Just a quick update about the museum ,for anyone interested..

The museum has been open over a month now, and despite the inclement weather conditions and lots of carnivals in the area I'm pleased to say that it has been well received.
Certainly I've learnt a lot during the past month, not having run a museum before but grateful that all of my previous jobs and experience have come in very useful.

Now I will continue to add more exhibits and try to make the museum a really interesting place to visit.

Although I'm surrounded by a host of inanimate objects they all have a story to tell and sometimes the chatter is deafening as they all try to tell their stories and tales at the same time ... :D
So I'm trying to bring history alive and entertaining and I'm pleased that many people have told me that normally they have no interest in history, but maybe now they will look at the subject with new eyes.

I've found that choosing the right time to open to be quite difficult, last week for instance I didn't see a soul for two hours then in 1 hour 32 visitors, so now I'm going to open by appointment only, giving everyone a chance to find a convenient time to visit.
Hopefully this will give me time to talk to everyone and try to answer all of the questions.

If any A.Com members are considering visiting please send me a private message giving me 24 hours notice , if possible and soon I will have a dedicated e-mail address and a telephone number for what's app messages.
Thank you all for taking the time to read my update.
Saludos,
Gordon, el Museo Gordon....

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:58 pm

How is your website coming on?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:11 pm

Hi BENIDORM,

"How is your website coming on?".......was thinking the same.........have you had any more thoughts since I sent the info over :?:

Now we are in Spain...... Mrs E would probably like a trip down if you want to push this forward.........work in progress..... :)
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:29 am

Olive and Enrique,
Thank you for your input and interest and I apologise for my slow response.
Life has been quite hectic for me lately and operating as a ''One Man Band '' is problematic at times and I think that I've probably had too many instruments to play. :shock:
I've been studying the website idea in depth and wanted to be correct with how it's presented , but I think I know what I need now ,so hopefully in the near future it will start to happen.
Enrique I'd be more than pleased to meet and greet you and Lady E at the museum, whenever it's convenient, please let me know in advance your day and approximate arrival time.

And Olive and Olivess , we would be really pleased to see you both again soon, when you are not so busy.

And of course any other forum members will be made very welcome, hope to see you all soon.. :thumbup:
Saludos,
Gordon

BENIDORM
Andalucia Guru

Postby BENIDORM » Thu May 05, 2022 12:33 pm

My monthly update for anyone interested..

Although the Museum has been 'officially' closed for a couple of weeks we've continued to be kept busy with visitors most days, and the viewing by appointment is working well for everyone.
It certainly gives me more time to spend with visitors and I try my best to give as much information about the exhibits as possible,my longest tour lasted two and a half hours, talking almost non-stop...blimey...Pauline says that is easy for me. :oops:
Numerous people have offered to donate various items to the museum, that was unexpected but very welcome as it enables me to keep adding and changing displays.
And a Big Thank you to Chrissie ( A.Com member), who went to the trouble of donating and sending us a super Russian officers cap, every visitor asks about it..
I have, at last, managed to start a Facebook page, ( thank you Enrique ), still in it's basic stages though, but hopefully when I master the techniques it will improve ..'.Museo Gordon,Salar,Spain'...should find it....
Also now a dedicated email [email protected] and telephone number for what's app ....650359557.
So we hope to be able to welcome more A.Com members and their family and friends soon, we are also wheelchair friendly, just one small step from the street, we also have plenty of seats and toilet facilities available..
We are available most days but at least 24 hours notice would be appreciated.

Please remember that Salar has the fantastic Roman Villa complex ( Villa Romana, Salar ) and there is also a small ethnographical museum and a Palace and Moorish watch tower, an interesting church and great walks around the village and good watering holes as well.!
We also welcome dogs if accompanied by a well trained and behaved human... 8)

And we always have the kettle on if you need to relax with a cuppa....

See you soon..hopefully,
Saludos,
Gordon and Pauline...