UK Covid entry requirements dropped

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Cádiz
Resident

Re: UK Covid entry requirements dropped

Postby Cádiz » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:25 pm

fyfin wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:09 am
Cádiz wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:23 pm
jonbar.1 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:33 pm Is it likely,does anyone think,that the SPTH form will be dropped for entering Spain.?
We have several lots of UK visitors due this year.It would be good if they didn't have to fill-in forms.
I actually think the locator forms are a good idea as it keeps us focused that the virus is with us... The continual jabs and boosters that clearly have not worked is my concern...
The "virus" is irrelevant now, according to the news today it's flu now that is worrying the health authorities. None of us need reminding about covid. It has been a total farce the way that some governments have reacted to it. The constant mask wearing, particularly cloth masks, which offer little or no protection, and lockdowns which have been proven to save practically no lives have probably caused more deaths than they prevented.

As for locator forms, I can see no reason why they are necessary now but they like their bureaucracy so probably will keep all this going as long as possible.
We can agree on one thing, the jabs and boosters seem to be doing very little to stop the spread or the number of "infections", maybe if we stop testing as apparently is happening it'll disappear.
What i have never being able to understand is why there were not tests done to see if some portion of society have natural immunity...Like do tests on the anti-vax crowd every Month... blood groups and the other stuff i know nothing of.
I have had the two jabs and because the 270 days up in a few weeks i have no choice than get another shot of diesel injected into me because i want to travel...
The pharma crowd will have a party...

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:23 am

Cádiz, you can travel if unvaccinated but I think some places still will not allow the unvaccinated entry. Check up on where you want to travel to and from and if you do not need the third and fourth vaccine then make your own choices. I am currently in the UK; unvaccinated. I travel back to Spain next week; unvaccinated but with my Residencia card.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:38 am

There are a few countries that we, the unvaccinated, can go to including Norway, Iceland and Ireland (and of course the UK). I think quite a few of the other EU countries are still banning unvaccinated (which includes not having had the third dose) like Spain continues to do unless you're a resident. All this vaccine apartheid seems ridiculous now as so many vaccinated people are getting the virus. Banning those not fully jabbed isn't really doing anything to stop the spread plus it is so much milder now.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:10 pm

Wicksey, it seems to me the only reason is to keep the coercion to have the vax going. Then the question is why. Non vaccinated are no threat ,or no more a threat than vaccinated and if they take a test prior to travel , then less of a threat.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:39 pm

fyfin wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:10 pm Wicksey, it seems to me the only reason is to keep the coercion to have the vax going. Then the question is why. Non vaccinated are no threat ,or no more a threat than vaccinated and if they take a test prior to travel , then less of a threat.
Yes, friends were visibly shocked when I admitted to not being jabbed. Then they asked if I even wouldn't have to be able to travel freely. I'd like to go on another cruise for example, but I will do without and would never have it 'just to travel'. I have managed without it up to now and have no intentions of having it just to go on holiday. (As an aside, I think the UK government was really taken aback by the strength of feeling by the 80,000 NHS staff that refused to have it to keep their jobs. It just proves that there are many people willing to lose their jobs over the principle of coercion to have this vaccine, and many of those must have seen first hand what Covid was capable of.)

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:05 pm

Absolutely! I've never had a flu jab and can't remember having flu. People seem to easily forget what was said at the beginning of this "deadly pandemic" - "for most people this will be a mild illness".
Then when stats were available it was obvious that there were certain groups of people who were more at risk so when the vaccine came about those were the ones who needed it. But it seemed that there was suddenly a desire to vaccinate everyone and I became suspicious as to the motivation . Here we had friends queueing up for hours in the hot sun to stick their arm out to have an unknown jab. Some I asked didn't even know which one they had and as travel restrictions were coming in done only had it to make travel easier. As I said something seemed off to me and still does. Originally government experts said it would stop you catching covid but now it seems it just means your symptoms will be less severe even though we're told the latest variant is less severe anyway.
So now, more than ever, I see no point in having it yet it's still being pushed e.g I've had 3 phone calls from the health authority here trying to persuade me to have the vacuna.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:52 pm

I am ok with jabs. had them all my life for travel etc. Just believe in the right not to have them. Mum never let me have anything. Since travelling I have had everything. Dont mind the jabs its the effing paperwork to get in and out of places and the stupid restrictions.My village is mask mad.When you think of the drugs and alternative medicines people pump into themselves a jab cant make much difference.
I think with Covid has never been any worse than a flu. People who are dying anyway get it others get a sniffle. Too much propaganda.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:53 pm

It seems to me that we have about 7 different threads where members just keep repeating the same stuff. By now, we know everybody's opinions. i would have thought people would want to move forward and get back to normal.

As far as I am aware, all restrictions have been lifted in the UK and another very important restriction is being lifted here in Spain.

From next week, it will not be necessary to quarantine if you have mild symptoms or not in a vulnerable group.

There are other minor changes, more info here.

https://www.surinenglish.com/spain/chan ... 49-nt.html

I hope the next step will be the lifting of the rules regarding masks in shops and at work. Apart from that it looks like in most other situations, people aren't wearing them anyway.
Last edited by markwilding on Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:16 pm

Thanks, Mark. Good link.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:34 pm

Good post Mark.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:08 pm

That's good that here they are treating like flu now. I must admit I have digressed from my OP of 'entering the UK' to coming back here to Spain which is still a bit tricky.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:37 pm

In most cases should be treat like a normal cold, runny nose. Many don't even have that just a positive test.