UK Covid entry requirements dropped

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

UK Covid entry requirements dropped

Postby Wicksey » Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:49 pm

Just seen that UK is dropping the PLF and any testing for the unvaccinated from Friday. Just hope it stays like that now although tests for me are still required returning to Spain. Slowly, countries are lifting all these restrictions thankfully.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: UK Covid entry requirements dropped

Postby markwilding » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:36 pm

Good to know, I’m going for a short stay in a few weeks.
Could we keep this thread just for information so it doesn’t end up being sent to the Amigos lounge?
What I would like now is for the Spanish side to do the same and not have to do any form filling on the return journey.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:10 pm

The sooner the spanish stop the fully jabbed rule the better. Must be costing tourism a fortune.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:04 am

Typical, we're flying over Thursday.. :-)
Regards

Bob

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:20 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60741158

I'm a bit brain dead this morning. Found confirmation on the BBC website but couldn't see it at all in the DT this morning.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:33 am

Wicksey wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:20 am https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60741158

I'm a bit brain dead this morning. Found confirmation on the BBC website but couldn't see it at all in the DT this morning.
Wicksey It is there as I have just read it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/0 ... d-britain/

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:43 am

Can't see it at all in the Mail, not that I usually look at that paper, too gossipy for me, but I thought it would be fairly high up in the headline news.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:55 pm

A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:58 am

I wonder are there any plans to drop the Digital cert or will it be with us going forward....

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:52 am

Do you mean the vaccine certificate? You don't need to show that anywhere here now, or need a vaccine to enter the UK. I never had one and have coped OK.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:34 am

Wicksey wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:52 am Do you mean the vaccine certificate? You don't need to show that anywhere here now, or need a vaccine to enter the UK. I never had one and have coped OK.
Both my certs (digital and locator) were checked at Malaga Airport 12 days ago... I returned on 18th the day UK restrictions lifted and though i had the digital cert in my hand it was not checked but i think it is still a requirement...

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:52 am

Cádiz wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:34 am
Wicksey wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:52 am Do you mean the vaccine certificate? You don't need to show that anywhere here now, or need a vaccine to enter the UK. I never had one and have coped OK.
Both my certs (digital and locator) were checked at Malaga Airport 12 days ago... I returned on 18th the day UK restrictions lifted and though i had the digital cert in my hand it was not checked but i think it is still a requirement...
If it was required it would be listed here imo
Screenshot 2022-03-21 at 10.49.44.png

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:58 am

It may be i should have asked somewhere else as i was asking about any talk of changes in Spain as i know UK rule as i traveled to UK on the 18th...
I suppose i am thinking more of likely changes as if it was official i would know...

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:12 pm

Cádiz wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:58 am It may be i should have asked somewhere else as i was asking about any talk of changes in Spain as i know UK rule as i traveled to UK on the 18th...
I suppose i am thinking more of likely changes as if it was official i would know...
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:33 pm

Is it likely,does anyone think,that the SPTH form will be dropped for entering Spain.?
We have several lots of UK visitors due this year.It would be good if they didn't have to fill-in forms.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:23 pm

jonbar.1 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:33 pm Is it likely,does anyone think,that the SPTH form will be dropped for entering Spain.?
We have several lots of UK visitors due this year.It would be good if they didn't have to fill-in forms.
I actually think the locator forms are a good idea as it keeps us focused that the virus is with us... The continual jabs and boosters that clearly have not worked is my concern...

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:36 pm

jonbar.1 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:33 pm Is it likely,does anyone think,that the SPTH form will be dropped for entering Spain.?
I would like it to be dropped too. I will have to have a test and do the form just before returning to Spain which is a pain as it's so last minute (I don't have internet on my phone so have to do it at the accommodation on my laptop before I leave). Thankfully nothing to do for entering the UK now .... as long as it stays that way :crazy:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:30 pm

The sooner Spain drop the form the better Wicksey,.Nothing worse than getting near the end of your hols then find you have to start filling in forms, it's certainly put some people off from travelling..

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:03 pm

The sooner they are gone the better Wicksey

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:09 am

Cádiz wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:23 pm
I actually think the locator forms are a good idea as it keeps us focused that the virus is with us... The continual jabs and boosters that clearly have not worked is my concern...
The "virus" is irrelevant now, according to the news today it's flu now that is worrying the health authorities. None of us need reminding about covid. It has been a total farce the way that some governments have reacted to it. The constant mask wearing, particularly cloth masks, which offer little or no protection, and lockdowns which have been proven to save practically no lives have probably caused more deaths than they prevented.

As for locator forms, I can see no reason why they are necessary now but they like their bureaucracy so probably will keep all this going as long as possible.
We can agree on one thing, the jabs and boosters seem to be doing very little to stop the spread or the number of "infections", maybe if we stop testing as apparently is happening it'll disappear.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it