Flights

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Flights

Postby LifeofBrian » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:12 pm

Hi All,
Can anyone help? My partner needs to fly to Rotterdam from Malaga and we have just been horrified by the cost of return tickets for her. She needs to fly towards the end of April for a week or better still ten days. Anyone have any useful information?

Very grateful.

LifeofBrian

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Flights

Postby costakid » Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:55 pm

May be cheaper to fly via UK. easyJet, Ryanair, Wizz air, Jet2, BA to name a few. Not sure if they all fly to Rotterdam but worth a look.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:37 pm

I sometimes travel via the UK especially in July or August to other destinations. Overall it's cheaper and I get a a few days in London as well.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:44 pm

What about flying to Amsterdam and getting the train to Rotterdam? I think there's a bigger choice of flights (Easyjet, Ryanair and Vueling at least) and would be quicker possibly than having to have a connecting flight?

LifeofBrian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby LifeofBrian » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:40 pm

Just wanted to thank you guys for your input.

Very much appreciated.

Well done the forum once again.

LifeofBrian

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:02 pm

Any tips on the best/ cheapest/easiest way to get from Malaga to Lisbon?

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:18 pm

In 2019 I had to make an emergency journey from Málaga to Lisbon after getting the news that my sister had been killed whilst on holiday 90 minutes north of Lisbon. I don't drive and the fastest option was a TAP flight from Málaga (at that time they didn't fly every day but this happened to be a Saturday when there was a flight). It cost me €350 one way but I had no choice but to pay it, no other airline flies that route. I don't think it is ever a cheap option even if you can book in advance. I came back by bus from Lisbon to Málaga, travelling overnight and the journey took 10 hours. It cost a tenth of the price of the flight but it's not an experience I would want to repeat.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:54 pm

Ryanair go there, 3 days a week.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:14 pm

Wicksey wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:54 pm Ryanair go there, 3 days a week.
So they do, now! I must admit I haven't looked into options for travelling to Lisbon since 2019, too many unhappy memories.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:55 pm

No, not a good experience for you FaL. Doesn't make you want to rush back after such a sad episode.

New routes get added but then often get removed just as quickly. My OH used Ryanair to go to Gatwick last November which was new, but they stopped going this April. We've got flights to Fuerteventura booked for autumn with Vueling but just received an email changing the time (for the better), but it seems strange they are making alterations this early on. Just hope they don't stop going! You can never be sure at the moment.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:27 pm

Ryanair it is then. I didn’t realise they went from Malaga to Lisbon. FAL, sorry to remind you of Lisbon.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:46 am

I was looking at visting lisbon and porto in the summer but the accomadation prices are ridiculous. Is it alway so expensive?

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:38 am

costakid wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:27 pm Ryanair it is then. I didn’t realise they went from Malaga to Lisbon. FAL, sorry to remind you of Lisbon.
No problem, no reason why other people should not want to go there! I hope you enjoy your trip.

The Ryanair flights have certainly made it a more viable proposition.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:46 am

I was booked to fly to Porto and stay in an Airbnb with a friend in June 2020 but of course it was all cancelled. 4 nights in a 2 bed 2 bath apartment about 20 mins walk from the riverside was 317€. We were a little way from the main sights and the riverside, so that made it cheaper. I think Porto is very a fashionable place to go now so that has bumped up prices.

I was looking at places in the Bolonia area of the Cadiz coast for March for a few nights (thankfully I didn't book anything as the weather was generally awful all month) and I found the prices were pretty high. (We only stay in self-catering houses, usually Airbnb.) Perhaps like car hire, everything has got more pricey?