Entry into Spain from UK

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Entry into Spain from UK

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 02, 2022 9:02 am

When the indoor mask rules came in it did say that masks were not required on train platforms, only on the train. I guess that they are still required in airports??

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon May 02, 2022 10:04 am

Wicksey, your guess is right - along with hospitals, health centres etc. Businesses are allowed to choose to maintain masking so watch out for signs.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon May 02, 2022 9:43 pm

Not needed in the airport now.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue May 03, 2022 11:38 am

peteroldracer wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:04 am Wicksey, your guess is right - along with hospitals, health centres etc. Businesses are allowed to choose to maintain masking so watch out for signs.
Every business in UK seems to have a sign indicating masks should be worn but only the permanently masked up do it.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed May 04, 2022 8:15 pm

LOL Katy. I have chosen not to wear them in any business. I went to a private doctor today and the receptionist asked me to put on my mask (an old germ ridden cloth mask lol). I was the only one there but I guess that is the law or at least the current rules
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun May 08, 2022 9:29 pm

In France now and almost no masks except public transport. Even then many not wearing them.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed May 11, 2022 12:01 pm

In Spain on public transport it is still mandatory. However, It looks like masks will no longer be required on Planes from next week.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-man ... d-12610457

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed May 11, 2022 3:34 pm

markwilding wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:01 pm In Spain on public transport it is still mandatory. However, It looks like masks will no longer be required on Planes from next week.

Great news as I travel in 10 days.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Wed May 11, 2022 5:51 pm

For my crossing on the the 18th Brittany ferries have texted me to remind of the need for a covid travel pass. They did not mention spth but I assume this is still required to be completed 48 hours before mooring at Santander?

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed May 11, 2022 6:09 pm

Hi ashtondave,

From Brittany Ferries site.............full info on site.

"TRAVEL TO SPAIN

Passengers are no longer required to complete a Spanish Health Control form prior to travel.

Passengers travelling to Spain for tourism purposes must provide one of the following:

A valid vaccination certificate (You can do so using the NHS app, or you can visit the NHS website and register to access your status online. You will then be able to download and print a Pdf document. You can find more information about this here)"

Have a good trip over.........
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Thu May 12, 2022 1:36 am

Yep, I looked on behalf of my totally disorganised and selflessly unmotivated sprog flying to AGP today. Having up to date vaccines, no need for a SpTH locator form and whizzed through AGP onwards to Benalmadena faster than I anticipated.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun May 15, 2022 8:48 pm

markwilding wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:01 pm In Spain on public transport it is still mandatory. However, It looks like masks will no longer be required on Planes from next week.

Turns out that Spain is not going to drop the rule so masks are still mandatory on planes, Whether not one has to be worn will be down to the crew on particular flights. It seems as if the rules are more relaxed if most passengers are British.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 16, 2022 9:02 am

On the Ryanair flight last Tuesday we were told on boarding that they have a mask requirement but some people still didn't put one on. I wore mine tightly on my face as I had a very friendly gentleman next to me who want to talk to me most of the way rather too closely, and I was pinned up against the window most of the time. Plus he had his mask on his chin! I'm sure I have read that Ryanair will drop their mask policy on 26 May.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon May 16, 2022 12:18 pm

Similar with BA they were quite insistent and one attendant was stood handing them out at entrance.

NeilS
Tourist

Postby NeilS » Tue May 17, 2022 4:00 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:44 pm I have been made aware that the SPTH form is no longer required, just proof of vaccination, has anyone else heard this.
Yes, that is correct - IF you are fully vaccinated (up to date) and have the NHS certificates to prove it. The NHS Certificate is recognised by Spain as equivalent to the EU one.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue May 17, 2022 7:16 pm

Non vaccinated are refused entry until at least the 15th June now

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Tue May 17, 2022 8:56 pm

elusive wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:16 pm Non vaccinated are refused entry until at least the 15th June now
But, of course, if you're from a much safer EU country you can enter with a test!!!!
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed May 18, 2022 12:48 pm

I came back to Spain last night on a very jolly flight with a load of Ranger's fans ..... they were in fine form and singing away as we came down to land :clap: . Hilarious.

I mentioned on another thread how worried I was about the test and the fact that the certificate had the wrong time on it, making it too early. It had to be done 24 hours before the flight was due to depart, so not affected by any delays in landing. Anyway, early the next morning a replacement arrived in my inbox (just before the power went off where I stay due to works by the electricity board, like I needed more stress :roll: ). It really rather spoiled my final evening there.

So I arrive in Malaga and am wheeled by the assistance man direct to passport control, bypassing the ever increasing queue. The border control man in his booth didn't even look at my passport and TIE, but gave me a big smile and a wink and waved me through :thumbup: .

Then the man pushing me asked about my QR code so I showed him the Spth one on my phone which was tiny to read properly. I'm not sure what channel I went through in the end as I said I needed the blue lane but not sure if I went through orange. There were a few members of staff standing the other side glancing at QR codes as we all went through. I held up my phone and the man just looked briefly from a few feet away and waved me through. He couldn't have possibly seen what I was showing him in any detail. So ..... I could have got through with just the Spth form QR code despite me being unvaccinated and in theory, I should have proved my residency. The Spth form does not require any information about the test. You simply tick a box to say you've had a negative test result.

I guess everyone is pretty fed up with this all now and are just going through the motions. Let's hope Spain goes the same way as many other countries and not require anything at all (even Austria which was so strict a few months back).

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Wed May 18, 2022 3:33 pm

Well that worked well for you Wicksey. Maybe it is getting easier and maybe I'm just a worry guts but I won't relax until they get through and I have them in the car.
So next job is remembering how to attach the baby seat. Noah ( great grandson) is now 3.1/2 so it will need adjusting as well.
Roll on 4th June

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed May 18, 2022 3:58 pm

I had been stressing about this for weeks. It really spoiled the trip away. Let's hope something changes for the better soon. I hope your son's trip is successful. I'm sure with his recovery certificate he will be fine.