Entry into Spain from UK

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Entry into Spain from UK

Postby costakid » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:00 am

We travelled on Sunday by ferry and the SPTH was still needed.

PuffTheMagicDragon
Tourist

Postby PuffTheMagicDragon » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:10 am

Pamela1 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:44 pm I have been made aware that the SPTH form is no longer required, just proof of vaccination, has anyone else heard this.
I arrived back on Tuesday, SPTH still required!

Puff

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:25 am

https://spanishnewstoday.com/spanish-to ... ??region=7

Seems that the rules have not changed at all. The DT said that the PLF is no longer required but the government did say last week that current entry requirements were not going to change and would be in force until at least 30 April.

The article above says that the PLF is still in force. Without it where do you declare your vaccine details, or did they expect people just to blip their vaccine pass/negative test on entry??

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:22 pm

The person who told me about the changes said it had just come into force, i have looked at the SPTH site where the form needs to be filled in and it does look different, this is what i found.https://www.spth.gob.es/spain-validator. It seems to indicate that the form is not required if you have the EU DCC or EU equivalent vaccine certificate which i believe the Uk has. The certificate will be checked but the SPTH form is not required.
Maybe i am missing something but since i have been told this by my daughter who also saw it on facebook, not that i believe everything which comes from there.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:47 pm

Apparently several people have travelled today with just the vaccine certificate, the instructions are to follow the orange lane at airports without the SpTH form, please don't shoot the messenger. :lol:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:48 pm

You're right Pamela. It looks like you don't need the form but just present your certificate as long as it's recognised here. Even for me, it looks like if I have a negative test, as long as it has a QR code on it we don't have to do the form. Blimey, this is getting confusing now with all the misinformation. They've snuck that in haven't they? A bit late for the Easter crowd although non vaccinated UK residents still aren't allowed in if I read that correctly.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure about the negative test thing for me .... it seems to say it has to be a recognised EU Covid pass, so still not sure about that :roll:

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:26 pm

Perhaps Lavanda will know Wicksey, she travelled to the Uk recently and as far as i'm aware Lavanda also has not had the vaccine.If she sees this thread she may be able to tell you about what she had to provide. Or drop her a PM. I am travelling next week and i tested the page where you can validate the covid pass certificate, it give me a tick and said to follow the orange lane. Much more simplified than having to do those forms before travelling.
Yes it was certainly snuck in, i don't think many people do know about the changes as yet. I am amazed the British press haven't latched onto it, maybe they are lagging or there are more pressing things going on in the world but having said that they always manage to keep up on the celeb gossip columns :lol:

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:35 pm

They released the wrong information saying that the unvaccinated Brits could travel which was incorrect, now it seems that if you have the vaccine certificate you don't need the PLF.

I think I may still need to do the form which I was hoping to avoid. In the UK you can register positive and negative tests on the NHS app it seems although the 'recovery from' certificate says it has to have been a test carried out by a health professional and not a home test, so who knows? We were discussing that in another thread. I don't think I can avoid having the test but it was all the last minute form filling I was trying to avoid. I know the Boots test does not contain a QR code but I think other testing centres do, so not sure if that's all that's required. I am confused. Maybe it will all change again next month :crazy:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:31 pm

You need a doctors recovery certificate if not fully jabbed. LFT or PCR are not enough to get into spain if a UK citizen. I know this from 1st hand experience from a family member who recently travelled to Spain.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:28 am

costakid wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:31 pm You need a doctors recovery certificate if not fully jabbed. LFT or PCR are not enough to get into spain if a UK citizen. I know this from 1st hand experience from a family member who recently travelled to Spain.
As a Spanish resident I am allowed in with just a test, either an antigen or PCR. As you say, non resident Brits need to be fully vaccinated or have a recovery certificate.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:55 am

Am i correct in thinking the actual locator form is gone and we just need Covid cert...

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:13 am

Cádiz wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:55 am Am i correct in thinking the actual locator form is gone and we just need Covid cert...
Not if you are a UK resident. Need your QR code still.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:11 pm

costakid wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:13 am
Cádiz wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:55 am Am i correct in thinking the actual locator form is gone and we just need Covid cert...
Not if you are a UK resident. Need your QR code still.
If you have a recognised Digital Covid Certificate, which I believe the UH NHS one is, then you don't need to complete the Spth form as I understand it. You only need the form if your vaccine certificate doesn't have the recognised QR code, or like me, I need a test and will have to also do the form.
https://www.sanidad.gob.es/en/profesion ... v/spth.htm
At arriving you follow the Orange way if you have the vaccine certificate, or the Blue way if you have the Spth form. It's one or the other. See Pamela's earlier post as well.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:44 am

A friend travelled last week who is out of the 270 day window. They had to fill in the spth form to get the QR code and produce a covid recovery certificate from their doctor to be allowed to travel. All the checks are done UK end before travel is allowed. Private test certificate is not usually enough. Ferries and airlines have the final say on if you travel.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:08 am

A visitor from the UK will need to be fully vaccinated (ie have had the third jab if over the 270 days) or a recovery certificate. At the moment they cannot enter otherwise (ie unvaccinated) and so will not need the test. If they do not have the EU recognised certificates for either the jabs or recovery then they will need to complete the Spth form.

The only Brits that need the test (and form) are Spanish residents like me and Lavanda who have not been jabbed. We can only hope that all this palava will end before too long like many other countries that have dropped all requirements for forms and vaccination passes.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:16 pm

Going to France soon and also printed out QR codes. Says on document that code is only valid for 30 days??

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:01 pm

Wicksey wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:08 am A visitor from the UK will need to be fully vaccinated (ie have had the third jab if over the 270 days) or a recovery certificate. At the moment they cannot enter otherwise (ie unvaccinated) and so will not need the test. If they do not have the EU recognised certificates for either the jabs or recovery then they will need to complete the Spth form.

The only Brits that need the test (and form) are Spanish residents like me and Lavanda who have not been jabbed. We can only hope that all this palava will end before too long like many other countries that have dropped all requirements for forms and vaccination passes.
My son is registered on the NHS app and previously had a positive test at work (one person had tested positive earlier so they all had to take a test). He was sent home for I think 7 days. He registered the test with Gov.uk and got an email confirming. I have already booked him to come here with my Granddaughter in June hoping that restrictions will be lifted. My Granddaughter has the qr code as she is fully vaccinated but I told my son to get a recovery certificate instead. He seems to think he can only get a recovery certificate if he has been vaccinated - I can't believe that is right!!

I found somewhere that will issue you with a recovery certificate if you provide the email from NHS, a copy of passport and pay 58 quid. The say it should work for Spain but I have visions of him being turned away and probably he'll still need a pcr test although I admit I've given up trying to figure out what is needed. Even the spth site confuses me. lol
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:12 pm

Might have clicked on one of them pay sites, a bit like some people do when they want to re-new their passport.Just a thought!

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:20 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:12 pm Might have clicked on one of them pay sites, a bit like some people do when they want to re-new their passport.Just a thought!
Or your EHIC card lol. No, I checked out for the cert and it's above board. It's the official NHS site with a free recovery certificate that is the problem. He seems to think that he can only download a certificate if he has been vaccinated which seems a bit perverse to me.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:21 pm

As far as I can understand, for UK residents coming here it is only the recovery certificate or the vaccine certificate that is accepted.

That's the trouble, is not knowing exactly what they are going to look at and need, whether the certificate you are paying for is acceptable. I think the airlines sometimes check before you board so I imagine that where he could get turned away if it's not right.

Friends arriving here the other day only seemed to show their UK NHS QR code on their phone and it wasn't blipped at a machine on arrival here. (They had fallen foul of the rules on an earlier trip to Austria, having had their PCR test too early and missed their flight. Having going through the palava of getting another flight and another PCR test, no-one even checked the test paperwork and only wanted their vaccination pass, so who knows?)

Other friends coming back here on Monday with Easyjet were told they needed to complete the health form when they didn't as they had Covid passes. It all seems to be hit and miss. We can only hope things are relaxed in the next month or so fyfin, unless anyone on here has travelled with a recovery certificate and can offer an insight as to what they did.