Entry into Spain from UK

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Entry into Spain from UK

Postby katy » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:02 pm

Try calling 119 they are very helpful.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:28 pm

katy wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:02 pm Try calling 119 they are very helpful.
I'll tell him and see what happens. Thank you
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:40 pm

Cádiz wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:13 am If someone has gone beyond the 270 days can they opt to get a Covid test antigen or pcr and travel to Spain...
OR, can one just get a new jab ?

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:35 pm

Manchesteral wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:40 pm
Cádiz wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:13 am If someone has gone beyond the 270 days can they opt to get a Covid test antigen or pcr and travel to Spain...
OR, can one just get a new jab ?
Which is what I did reluctantly on the day my cert expired... E30

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:28 pm

On Friday, they were checking certificates at Santander airport so they are still checking They were doing it just before passport control so it didn't take any longer to get through.
In fact, even though I was expecting difficulties and delays getting through security and passport controls, it was really quick. I would go as far to say there were less queues than normal in Stanstead and from leaving the train to passing security only took 20 minutes.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:09 am

Friends arrived here from Stansted last Wednesday morning and said that Stansted processing was the quickest ever, and no problems coming into Malaga. From the sound of it, at Malaga they only showed their UK NHS Covid pass on their phones and it wasn't blipped through a machine. I think they came through the orange route for those with the accepted Digital Covid Certificates.

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:35 pm

Wicksey.
Did your visitors not have to show their "SPTH" forms,with the QR code?
I understood this was still necessary.
...unless I've missed the latest update?

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:34 pm

jonbar.1 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:35 pm Wicksey.
Did your visitors not have to show their "SPTH" forms,with the QR code?
I understood this was still necessary.
...unless I've missed the latest update?
Look at page 2 of this thread where I have written what I believe are the rules now. Pamela has travelled recently as well and she can confirm that no Spth form is required if you are fully vaccinated and have the correct DCC. (Other friends travelling back last Tuesday also reported that it is not required and only showed their vaccination QR codes on their phone.)

For those like me that are unvaccinated and need a test, I have just noticed that the Spth website now clearly states that it is 72/24hrs before departure to Spain (for PCR/RAT) quote " RAT-rapid antigen test, with sampling within the previous 24 hours to departure to Spain". Before, I'm sure it was time arriving in Spain, so that makes a huge difference to me for my upcoming trip.
Last edited by Wicksey on Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jonbar.1
Resident

Postby jonbar.1 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:45 pm

Cheers Wicksey.
I thought it was me :roll:.......I missed "La Vuelta" coming past our front door this year, by 30seconds ( as I went to get my camera !)

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:42 pm

There is an option in the SPTH app that allows you to upload the Covid vax PDF to the app, then the QR form can be transferred into the phone wallet. That is what I showed the control last Friday. Although I expected to do so, I didn't need to give any details about flights or seat numbers.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:16 am

Has anyone else that is unvaccinated, apart from Lavanda, returned to Spain with a fit to fly test certificate? It doesn't look like Spain will relent and let everybody in without paperwork like a number of other countries before my trip next month.

I thought I had it sorted by booking a test at a Lloyds Pharmacy which is still a bit of a drive for me to get to, but thought it was easiest to have the antigen test and an instant certificate. However, looking at reviews, it seems that most Lloyds simply are not set up to do them, despite people having had the appointments confirmed and even visiting the branch earlier to check that they have the tests in stock and the person to do them. I'm thinking of just getting one through an online company now. At least I have a few more hours now that it is clearly stated that it is 24 hours before departing, rather than the arrival time in Spain.

I wondered if the airline checks the certificate before departure, or just that you have the Spth QR code. I guess it's different depending on the day. Who knows! When my OH did the Day 2 test back in November in the UK the 'certificate' issued was very simple, it looked like something you could cobble together yourself on Word! I don't think many of the companies that do the LFT fit to fly issue one with a QR code so presumably that's not important as I will have the Spth code.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:51 am

Wicksey, Lloyds are unreliable, they have been bought by a different company and staff have left in droves.

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:52 am

Good Morning

Here are the latest regulations to enter Spain as per the GOV.Uk foreign travel advice website. Please uodate yourselves with this information.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements

David

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:21 am

UK citizens: Fully faxed or a covid recovery certificate from your doctor. Do not waste money on a pharmacy test as you will be refused boarding of your flight or ferry. Only other option is drive through France as a LFT gets you into France now. 1st hand experience of this rule as a friend has just travelled.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:13 pm

Does the covid recovery certificate have an expiry date? Just made me think if it does then it's only a short term solution for travel.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:17 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:13 pm Does the covid recovery certificate have an expiry date? Just made me think if it does then it's only a short term solution for travel.
yes 180 days from issue.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:25 am

Pamela1 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:51 am Wicksey, Lloyds are unreliable, they have been bought by a different company and staff have left in droves.
I tried phoning them yesterday and they were either engaged or didn't answer the phone. So I think I'm onto Plan B now :crazy: I'll get a test kit sent to me by one of the online companies and hopefully the certificate will be emailed back in time .... presuming I'm negative :lol: oh the joys of travelling :clap:
pensure1988 wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:52 am Good Morning

Here are the latest regulations to enter Spain as per the GOV.Uk foreign travel advice website. Please uodate yourselves with this information.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements

David
I don't think that has changed recently.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:55 am

We have just returned Leeds to Alicante. There was no check on Covid status until we arrived in Alicante, where they checked our EU vaccination certificates, and there was the usual temperature sensing cameras, with spot checking. A bit late for those without the correct documentation. Despite lots of signs in the Leeds check-in area claiming that Ryanair operated an "all-masked" policy there was no announcement on board mentioning masks, and with many passengers without them and despite all the cabin staff wearing masks no one was asked to mask up.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:13 pm

That's the thing PoR, that it seems to be different every time. As you say, if someone didn't have the right paperwork they'd then have to deal with that when they arrive at Malaga. Last November, when paperwork was required for arriving in the UK, they barely glanced at my OH's certificate in the boarding queue and at Gatwick no-one checked at all. Probably they're all as fed up with the whole charade as we are now!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon May 02, 2022 1:23 am

i think most people in Spain have taken Covid seriously and that's why members are reporting having to go through the process exactly as Peter describes. The UK is another story and there were none of these checks when I entered two weeks ago. I was on a Ryanair flight with mostly Spanish travellers and didn't notice anyone with no mask on but I wasn't taking much notice either so there might well have been.

At the moment the rules are as per the Pensure's link and the advice coming from this thread should be don't risk it if you haven't been vaccinated or do not fall into any on the exemptions. Slowly slowly the more and more rules are being relaxed. One slight relaxation or maybe just a clarification this week has been that it is not necessary to wear a mask in stations, only on the train. (although that would need to be checked for individual areas)

Another one that has changed here and might be the same throughout Spain is that the extra space taken up by bars, because they extended terraces into the street, had to be dismantled by today. I would imagine there will also be an end to the Covid passport rule to enter Spain pretty soon as well.