Entry into Spain from UK

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
fincalospinos
Resident

Entry into Spain from UK

Postby fincalospinos » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:20 pm

Have some friends flying over from the UK next week and they seem to be getting conflicting information regarding entry into Spain, such as Covid Vaccination certificate, Covid antigen test, Locator forms etc. Please can someone who has travelled fro the UK recently tell me what is required.
Thanks in advance.
Hardworking resident !!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Entry into Spain from UK

Postby Enrique » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:51 pm

Hi fincalospinos,

This is what we will be doing in the next few days for travel to Spain this week from UK............

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... quirements
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:13 pm

fincalospinos wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:20 pm Have some friends flying over from the UK next week and they seem to be getting conflicting information regarding entry into Spain, such as Covid Vaccination certificate, Covid antigen test, Locator forms etc. Please can someone who has travelled fro the UK recently tell me what is required.
Thanks in advance.
Different rules depending on if not vaccinated, vaccinated but 270 days since last jab, fully jabbed. If fully jabbed only SPTH form needed.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:49 pm

If you are not vaccinated (either never had the jab or your original jabs were 270 days ago or more and you haven't had the booster), then you cannot enter Spain as a non resident for tourism purposes. They have now added 'recovered from Covid' as another option but your original positive test must have been carried out by a health professional, it couldn't have just been a home test. Everyone coming from the UK needs the Spth PLF and proof of vaccination or recovered from Covid certificate.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:13 am

If someone has gone beyond the 270 days can they opt to get a Covid test antigen or pcr and travel to Spain...

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:07 am

Cádiz wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:13 am If someone has gone beyond the 270 days can they opt to get a Covid test antigen or pcr and travel to Spain...
I understand they cannot. Spain will treat that person as unvaccinated and unless they are a resident here, they will not be allowed in. The full details of what counts as 'vaccinated' is shown in the gov.uk link that Enrique posted above.

I will only be allowed back in as I have full residency but will need a test (as unvaccinated, I come under the 'exemptions' heading). They have now added the 'recovered from' option so not sure if they are working up to allowing unvaccinated in sometime in the near future. This applies to most 'third' countries, not just the UK BTW.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:20 pm

When I arrived last week Malaga airport scanned the qr code from the spanish locator form and also scanned my final uk vaccination from the nhs app

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:52 pm

Wicksey wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:49 pm If you are not vaccinated (either never had the jab or your original jabs were 270 days ago or more and you haven't had the booster), then you cannot enter Spain as a non resident for tourism purposes. They have now added 'recovered from Covid' as another option but your original positive test must have been carried out by a health professional, it couldn't have just been a home test. Everyone coming from the UK needs the Spth PLF and proof of vaccination or recovered from Covid certificate.
it couldn't have just been a home test

I am not sure that is correct because there is no testing now in the UK. The only people who get tests are health workers etc. My wife works in the private sector with disabled adults in education and has to test daily. All those results are on the NHS app as they have to record them for work.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:59 am

The recovery certificate is something that looks quite complicated when I look at the gov.uk site, and it points out that the NHS Covid Pass is something different to the NHS App. It would presumably have to be on the NHS Covid App for it to be accepted here?

I think here it is different as I don't know of any way of registering a positive home test on the Spanish health site like you do on the UK one. In the UK it looks like you can just register a home positive test via the NHS app, but did you never have to provide proof of that? It seems it would be easy to just say you tested positive then after 11 days obtain the 'recovered from' pass?

The Spth site says:
They may present a recovery certificate provided that more than 11 days have elapsed since the first positive NAAT or rapid antigen test (RAT). This certificate shall be valid for 180 days thereafter. The RATs accepted are those authorised by the European Commission, which can be consulted at the following link, and must have been carried out by healthcare professionals or by skilled testing personnel as from 1 October 2021.

Just looked at the link above of EU authorised rapid antigen tests and found this:
The EU common list of antigen tests does not include rapid antigen self-tests. It
only includes those rapid antigen tests that are conducted by trained healthcare
personnel or trained operators where appropriate (in line with Commission
Recommendation (EU) 20202/1743 of 18 November 2020).

The certificate must contain the following:
-your full name
-the date you first tested positive for COVID-19
-the type of test administered (e.g. COVID-19 nucleic acid amplification test - NAAT (PCR or similar) or rapid antigen test)
-the name of the country issuing the recovery record or certificate
-documentary proof of the diagnostic test from which the Recovery Certificate is derived

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:08 pm

Hi,
Quick up date on The SPTH Form continuation........

If you find it refuses to continue............ clear the spth cookie or switch to another computer.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:29 pm

I'm dreading doing it as if I have the cheaper LFT test it has to be done within 24hr of arriving back in Spain, so it's all a rush. I plan to take my laptop and phone with me .... just keep hoping they'll ditch before I go in May.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:20 pm

Good news...next get rid of the pointless tests

https://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/spa ... d-arrivals

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:29 pm

Yes it is good news but i'm not one bit surprised, it's the start of the holiday season, money always does the talking..

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:08 pm

I'm reading on Twitter and in various newspapers that the unvaccinated British tourists can travel witth just a PCR test taken within 72 hours of travel starting from today. Is that right? I've read your link, firsttango but want to be 100% sure before I tell my unvaccinated family. It is probably somewhere in this document but my Spanish isn't good enought to decipher it.

https://boe.es/boe/dias/2022/04/06/pdfs ... 2-5523.pdf

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:44 pm

I have been made aware that the SPTH form is no longer required, just proof of vaccination, has anyone else heard this.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:45 pm

Irene, I assume that the reports have stemmed from the BOE you mention, but translating it is way beyond me.

If anyone knows Simon Calder is the man and he posted this earlier
Screenshot 2022-04-06 at 19.43.09.png

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:18 pm

Yes, that's the sort of thing I've been seeing, firsttango.... I might ask on facebook, on Brexpats in Spain, Anne Fernandez should know. There was nothing on that group about unvaccinated being able to come in with just a PCR test, last time I looked, which has made me hesitate to get my family booking their flights.

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:10 pm

Quite a robust 'discussion' has been going on on the Brexpats page..... however, it would appear my family still can't come out :(

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ne ... 0HQNDKHkRk

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:17 pm

Yep, bonkers just seen it
Screenshot 2022-04-06 at 21.14.59.png

IreneD
Andalucia Guru

Postby IreneD » Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:49 pm

So ridiculous, to issue an 'unclear' bulletin. One of the Brexpats admins is Spanish (I think) and had read the bulletin and was certain..... I'm disappointed but not surprised.