Malaga airport traffic

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Re: Malaga airport traffic

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:09 am

Newcastle airpot busier than i've seen it in such a long time but it's no where as busy as it was pre covid.I think that will take time..Got through in less than 30mins...Lots of staff on security.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:03 am

Dropped my wife at Malaga AGP this morning at 8.30 and she was through security and passport control in 20 minutes. Airport was busy but plenty of staff. The drop off zone was like the old days.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:06 pm

Where do you drop off? Express parking?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:05 pm

I dropped her at the 15 minute limit zone on the top floor.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:31 pm

Flying from Málaga on Wednesday... Appreciate any info on Easyjet drop-off, security passport etc...

Regards...

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:50 am

Early morning flight back to Newcastle.Ryanair checkin very busy, long queue at passport control, reminded me of last year when people were missing their flights.Just wouldn't leave it too late to get to the airport, can never tell what it is going to be like.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:52 am

Pamela1 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:50 am Early morning flight back to Newcastle.Ryanair checkin very busy, long queue at passport control, reminded me of last year when people were missing their flights.Just wouldn't leave it too late to get to the airport, can never tell what it is going to be like.
Thanks Pamela it good to get new info... I will allow 3 hrs for all... I don't normally have hold bag but I want bring a few bits.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:16 am

Malaga pretty ok yesterday around 10am... no wait Easyjet bag drop... security 15 mins... no wait passport...

What's the rule regarding liquids in hold... i said to the check-in girl i had olive oil in bag... reply... i didn't hear that + a nice smile...

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:23 am

I don't think there's any restriction on liquids in hold but perhaps there are restrictions on taking certain foods into the UK. I've read you can't take dairy or meat for example, but then I always used to take jamon for the FiL without being stopped.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:33 am

Wicksey wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:23 am I don't think there's any restriction on liquids in hold but perhaps there are restrictions on taking certain foods into the UK. I've read you can't take dairy or meat for example, but then I always used to take jamon for the FiL without being stopped.
Yes i never thought of the food aspect i thought only of the liquid but you likely right... i take all kinda stuff both ways...

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:43 am

Where do they do checks for such things as meat/diary etc? I never see anyone being checked for anything either side of the pond.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:09 pm

Certain foods are not permitted going into the EU since Brexit. The risk is if they stop you at customs. There were stories of people having ham sandwiches confiscated in Holland.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:55 pm

markwilding wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:09 pm Certain foods are not permitted going into the EU since Brexit. The risk is if they stop you at customs. There were stories of people having ham sandwiches confiscated in Holland.
I am hoping we will not change to food conversation as i think if we can keep this travel thing updated it may help us going forward...
I do fully realize that it was me who asked the food question so my own fault...

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:52 pm

Malaga airport today, I was thru security and passport control in under 15 minutes. I then had a 3 hour wait in the departure lounge.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 09, 2022 9:41 am

I've had an email from Ryanair today saying to get to the airport 3 hours in advance as there may be queues at security. Are these general emails that go out to everyone or are the expected problems just at Malaga?

I am having assistance due to my gammy leg and last time I travelled in November I was whisked through a small security area in the old terminal that is only used by the assistance carts, so the main queues didn't affect me. I don't have anything to check in but do have to go through passport control this time and not sure how that works when I'm having assistance. I'm planning on getting to the airport 1h45m which is our usual sort of timing.

Benal Pirate
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Benal Pirate » Mon May 09, 2022 9:48 am

Hi Wicksey … I’m travelling from Manchester to Malaga tomorrow and received the same message by email. I won’t have luggage but will aim to give myself 30 minutes longer than I normally would.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon May 09, 2022 10:17 am

Thanks for that. I'm just panicking a bit travelling on my own for the first time in years and back to the UK first time in 3 years too.

jimmyallan
Tourist

Postby jimmyallan » Mon May 09, 2022 1:38 pm

Travelled from Malaga to UK on Saturday evening, got the same e-mail. Airport was quite busy, around 10 mins queue to go through security, busy through in departures, passport control very quiet.
passengers were presenting their boarding pass at new scanners .

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon May 09, 2022 9:10 pm

Wicksey wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:41 am I've had an email from Ryanair today saying to get to the airport 3 hours in advance as there may be queues at security. Are these general emails that go out to everyone or are the expected problems just at Malaga?

I am having assistance due to my gammy leg and last time I travelled in November I was whisked through a small security area in the old terminal that is only used by the assistance carts, so the main queues didn't affect me. I don't have anything to check in but do have to go through passport control this time and not sure how that works when I'm having assistance. I'm planning on getting to the airport 1h45m which is our usual sort of timing.
Normally the people who drive the assistance cars go straight to the front at passport control.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Tue May 10, 2022 6:50 pm

I didn't see the security queue as we bypassed that, but the passport queue was huge at about 11 to 11:30am. It went all through the zigzag bit and then along the corridor a little way too. As Costakid says, I was whisked through thank goodness. Stansted passport control was empty when I arrived at about 3:30pm.