Malaga airport traffic

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Capitan-Roberto
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Malaga airport traffic

Postby Capitan-Roberto » Tue May 17, 2022 5:21 pm

Departed from Malaga early morning of 17th May
- approx 35 minutes queue at Ryanair bag drop
- approx 10 mins to get through security
- approx 15 mins to get through passport control

If anyone traveling with larger than normal luggage e.g. musical instrument, sports equipment etc then maybe worth noting the x-ray gate for these items doesn’t open until 5 a.m. Could be an issue if you have a very early fligh.

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Wed May 18, 2022 12:38 pm

Flew to Ireland last night (17th).
Arrived into departures at 17.30.
Carry on bag only so no need to bag drop etc.
Ten minutes to get through security. It would have been less if it wasn't for the stupid couple that had big bottles of liquid (did they arrive in Spain on foot or perhaps by train ? ? ) :roll: :roll: :roll: And then had an Ipad inside their bag so that held us up as well.
Passport control was a ten second affair .

Flashman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Flashman » Tue May 24, 2022 10:53 am

flew back from malaga on saturday late afternoon early evening 21st. Busy but no problems at all

jamesbowker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jamesbowker » Tue May 24, 2022 5:36 pm

Travelled from Málaga at around 11am today. Long queues for passports. No automated gates working so EU passports had to be checked manually. Odd thing was my (UK) passport was not stamped. I queried this and was told it wasn't necessary. If that is the case that opens a whole host of questions, perhaps most basically why do they do it? They can check entry and exit electronically so the 90/180 argument doesn't appear to hold and on the frequent trips in the past year they rarely seem interested in the increasing number of entry and exit stamps.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Tue May 24, 2022 5:58 pm

“Normally the people who drive the assistance cars go straight to the front at passport control.”
At Alicante we were wheeled to a separate passport reader and separate security section.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

ashtondav
Resident

Postby ashtondav » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:24 pm

Heard there were long queues at passport control for ENTRY into Malaga airport.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:27 pm

And all uk bound flights delayed last night apparently.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:17 pm

I came through Alicante airport today no problem whatsoever.. :D Hope it's the same going back.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:14 pm

Arrived at AGP for a uk bound flight that was departing at 13.20. I arrived at 10.20 and security was completly mobbed but all security stations open. Surprisingly I was thru in about 20 minutes. Straight to passport control as there was also a massive Q. That took under 30 minutes so then sat around for next two hours. I acually could have arrived a lot later because the passport Q went down to less than 20 people at 12 o’clock. Not worth taking the chance tho in my opinion.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:23 pm

Good you got through, you are right though it's not worth taking the chance.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:43 pm

Thats what people are saying is causing half the problem. Ie people turning up to early for their flight so causing bigger queues than normal. But on the other had like you say do you want to risk it. A vicious circle

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:11 pm

elusive wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:43 pm Thats what people are saying is causing half the problem. Ie people turning up to early for their flight so causing bigger queues than normal. But on the other had like you say do you want to risk it. A vicious circle
I use Malaga airport a lot and i used to know exactly what to arrive depending on flight time, ie Sunday evening always busy with weekenders going home.
Ryanair email every time now advising to arrive 3 hours before, you know with them if you miss the flight your on your own. Not a massive problem for me if i missed it as I would go back to my house but not everyone has that luxury, also once you know your going to the UK you just want to get there.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:53 am

Yesterday 10am.
EasyJet drop 20 mins.
Security 15 mins.
Passport 25 mins.

I do not want to send this thread off track but many not be aware of this.
If we turn up at the gate and plane already loaded and gate closed.
If we present to Airline within an hour we will be given seat on next available flight for €100 (i think) if seat available.

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:29 am

Departed AGP on 21st. No passport control line up at all. No delays after security at all.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:42 pm

Lufthansa, Germany’s flag carrier, has cancelled 2,200 flights next month and in August due to staff shortages.

Bert Selby
Tourist

Postby Bert Selby » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:17 pm

Arrived on stand C33 Malaga at 10.40 from LHR. Long walk to east end of terminal by B pier to enter 'new' imigration hall at 11.00. Joined end of 500 person queue for Non EU where two agents processed passports. There was another two agents dealing with a handful of EU arrivals. There were 8 other desks unmanned. I took 40 mins to reach front of queue. Obviously this is a known peak time of the day due to the early bird departures from the north arriving at Malaga so one would expect more ageints on duty. Asked the agent checking my passport about the 34 extra police being posted to Malaga that government had announced would be starting on 20th June.

https://www.malagahoy.es/malaga/aeropue ... 32214.html

He told me that the 34 had indeed arrived but they were on other duties.