security

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Cádiz
Resident

security

Postby Cádiz » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:50 am

i read somewhere that security at all Airports were made stricter on Jan 1 as an explanation for delays at some Airports..
Any hear of this...

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: security

Postby costakid » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:00 am

I think the delays are because of lack of staff. It takes a long time to vet and train new staff. 1000s left when covid hit and i guess have found other work.

Èire agus bròdùil.

Postby Èire agus bròdùil. » Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:13 pm

There were changes made to rules for new security staff from 1st Jan in Europe.
They now need police vetting not only for the country where they are going to work but also from any other country they have worked in previously. This has obviously delayed getting new staff onto the front line.
Irish by birth Dublin by the grace of God.
The older I get the better I was.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:48 am

When I travelled in March, security in both Madrid and Heathrow did take a bit longer than normal but I put that down to the sheer volume of travellers when compared with my last trip last July. However, people do have to go through a huge rigamarole with putting stuff in containers and many travellers do not seem to be organised, need help, take ages and hold up the queue.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:58 am

Teeside airport which is tiny just like Granada airport is one of the first airports to install new equipment which means that there are no restrictions on liquids so that should speed things up.I guess eventually all airports will install the same.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:00 am

Good, Pamela. All this taking shoes off and not having liquids over 100ml is bonkers and a throwback to one isolated incident by a mentally disturbed young man. Society, collectively, seems to have stopped any rational thinking years ago.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:03 am

I'm surprised by the amount of people who still don't know about the liquids rules. There were several people in front of us in the Canaries in November who were carrying large bottles of shampoo and perfume etc in their carry-on bags that they had taken off them. It would be nice not to have to faff around with those little bottles (we don't take hold bags), although we have been through with water before, and we always take the empty water bottle through security to refill the other side without any problems.

Cádiz
Resident

Postby Cádiz » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:19 am

The biggest gripe i have is people not moving forward as they remove their clothes etc... we often see people and free space in front with no trays in front... keep it moving...

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:54 pm

Agreed, Cádiz. Security is not the place for family discussions on who has the laptop!

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:48 pm

It is probably the same people who get to a supermarket checkout then realise that they need to have their debit card or cash ready to pay...
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:23 pm

:lol: It's the people who block aisles in the supermarket while discussing what to buy for lunch on Sunday that get me. Have they never heard of making a list? :lol:

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:34 pm

And then putting all the items on the list in the order you find them in the store?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:11 am

Absolutely

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:10 am

peteroldracer wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:48 pm It is probably the same people who get to a supermarket checkout then realise that they need to have their debit card or cash ready to pay...
Glad I'm not the only one :clap: Plus there's those that watch all the shopping pile down the ramp before even trying to pack it away. On the other hand there's those that are pushing me with their trolleys or standing by my shoulder (even in these days of social distancing) when I am trying to pay at the card machine :x

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:08 pm

I hate it when the shopper behind me starts loading their stuff on the conveyor belt when I'm still putting mine on :-(
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

qe2ex
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby qe2ex » Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:22 pm

chrissiehope wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:08 pm I hate it when the shopper behind me starts loading their stuff on the conveyor belt when I'm still putting mine on :-(
I just ignore it and continue as normal. Then I can usually observe the idiot behind repeatedly have to pick up his stuff and move it further back. I guess somebody could be stupid enough to let his stuff get mixed in with my stuff, at which point I would have to (repeatedly?) point out the stuff that was not mine to the cashier, but that has never happened.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:59 pm

I just keep putting my stuff on, pushing theirs back pointedly...
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)