Cuenca

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
elusive
Andalucia Guru

Cuenca

Postby elusive » Tue May 31, 2022 2:14 pm

Just had a few nights in Cuenca with a day trip to albarracin in aragon. Cuenca is stunning with its hanging houses and medieval feel. We also stopped at consuegra to see the famous windmills. Abit of a treck but I can highly recommend it if you fancy a break.

Manchesteral
Resident

Re: Cuenca

Postby Manchesteral » Tue May 31, 2022 5:53 pm

elusive wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 2:14 pm Just had a few nights in Cuenca with a day trip to albarracin in aragon. Cuenca is stunning with its hanging houses and medieval feel. We also stopped at consuegra to see the famous windmills. Abit of a treck but I can highly recommend it if you fancy a break.
Yep, been there the windmills and surrounding areas are stunning, good food available too !

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Tue May 31, 2022 7:27 pm

Been to both. Both excellent though dont expect postcard quality photos at Consuegra unless you have a drone and go early.

Is the old footbridge open yet at Cuenca?

We have just spent a week in Extramadura. Lovely area of Spain. Just done Merida ( changed a bit since we were here 35 years ago - eg you cant drive over the Roman bridge) next to the aquaduct) . Trujillo and Medellin. The latter two are more to my liking. Easier parking and less touristy. We had to wait in 33 C heat for the amphiteatre to open at Medellin. The guy was err late.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:17 am

Yeah we went in consuegra for lunch it has a lovely square. Stopped in viso de marques on the way back. We have plans to visit almagro and villanueva de los infantes. I love how the main squares have the elizabethan feel

The windmills were pretty quiet when we got there late morning. Some cars but i guess they were all in the castle. Got some nice shots as we had clear blue skys all trip. I always plan it around the weather. Drives everyone else mad!

We went to merida,caceres and trujillo a couple of years ago. My fav was prob trujillo but the roman sights are merida are something special.