Exploring around, from Villaluenga del Rosario

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
safa1

Exploring around, from Villaluenga del Rosario

Postby safa1 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:39 pm

Hi everyone

I am staying for a month in Villaluenga (see map attached) and while I am here mostly to rest and read, I also like to make visits to nearby places, especially for cultural and historical sites, and good food!

At some point, I will be making a day trip to Seville for some authentic Flamenco performance and dining, but I am also looking for recommendations for:

1. Good restaurants within say 45-minute drive - I have been exploring Ronda, which is promising

2. Of the many villages within a 1-1.5 hr drive, which are the most interesting to see (I realize this is an open-ended question, but your favorites please)

3. Looking for a good bakery to buy fresh bread and also a good produce shop for fruits and veggies (trying to find out about the farmer's market in Ronda).

Many thanks in advance. Also, if any ex-pats are around and want to grab a beer or espresso, let me know. I am from Palo Alto, California.

Safa
Attachments
VillaLuenga.jpg

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: Exploring around, from Villaluenga del Rosario

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:59 am

I cant help with that area, but good luck and have fun, you´ll love the laid back pace of life here.

As for bread and fruit / veg - go to a local supermarket, they will have it all there. Theres probably a lidl / aldi / mercadona / carrefour nearby.

Theres bound to be smaller shops that just do one thing, ie a panaderia for bread (which can be more expensive than a supermarket, although much better quality normally) and a fruiteria for fruit / veg. they are normally cheaper than the supermarkets.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.