E-Gates

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Re: E-Gates

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:27 pm

Looking at it from the other side....if someone who had been contributing to your club or organisation decided they did not really like you and wanted nothing more to do with you and left, with considerable costs to you and widespread bad affects, would you be bothered to continue to nurture and encourage them? Continuing problems and increased cost for those who decide to stay under the new regimen are inevitable.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:38 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:44 pm

I bring serious money into Spain as do my family.Im sure you do too......Visit at least 6 times a year..The cost of maintainence is not to be laughed at, we must have spent thousands over the years on machinery and plumber/ electrical costs but even if we hadn't we spend out in the bars/shops/suppermarkets etc...I wonder how much more ex pats living in Andalucia spend when they say Brits are not important! How about my families 15grand a year! Is that not important enough!

Yes all true but it’s not one sided. Every year many Spanish spend holidays in the UK. Yes, I am aware it’s smaller percentage but when you include all the EU.
For years I took students to the UK, which was also many thousands of pounds going into the UK economy just from my small set up. One thing is clear, that Spain doesn’t benefit nowhere near as much from this type of travel. I've given up now but how much of this has moved to Ireland?

Anyway, this is another one of those non-events. How many will actually be stopped and asked for this info? The vast majority will have absolutely no issues, nor will the vast majority who enter the UK from the EU.

The actual law is nothing new, I was with my wife just before Spain became full members and it was the same then. In fact, I used to work illegally in Spain and never had a problem whereas some Spanish friends from those days sometimes were stopped and sent back when it was obvious, they would be looking for work because they didn't have enough money to keep themselves for 2- 3 months.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:50 pm

peteroldracer wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:27 pm Looking at it from the other side....if someone who had been contributing to your club or organisation decided they did not really like you and wanted nothing more to do with you and left, with considerable costs to you and widespread bad affects, would you be bothered to continue to nurture and encourage them? Continuing problems and increased cost for those who decide to stay under the new regimen are inevitable.
Apart from a small section most Spaniards didn’t like us before Brexit was even a word. Andalusian’s don’t even like Madrilenos. Ok whilst you are spending money wit them. ThePublic Officials who make up the rules don’t care as they don’t live off Tourism. The Spanish Cgambers of Commerce don’t like it cos they’d members know who puts butter on their bread.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:34 pm

katy wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:50 pm
peteroldracer wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:27 pm Looking at it from the other side....if someone who had been contributing to your club or organisation decided they did not really like you and wanted nothing more to do with you and left, with considerable costs to you and widespread bad affects, would you be bothered to continue to nurture and encourage them? Continuing problems and increased cost for those who decide to stay under the new regimen are inevitable.
Apart from a small section most Spaniards didn’t like us before Brexit was even a word. Andalusian’s don’t even like Madrilenos. Ok whilst you are spending money wit them. ThePublic Officials who make up the rules don’t care as they don’t live off Tourism. The Spanish Cgambers of Commerce don’t like it cos they’d members know who puts butter on their ba

I don't know how I can substantiate this statement but I have to say that in all the places I have lived in Spain I have never encountered an openly hostile Spaniard, by that I mean openly hostile to me as a foreigner, maybe I'm just lucky !