Taking items from holiday home back to UK

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Sunsational

Taking items from holiday home back to UK

Postby Sunsational » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:55 am

Hi, does anyone know what the situation is post Brexit if we take some things from our holiday home back to UK. We will be using the ferry and it will be obvious that we have these items. They are all old, used and surplus to requirements here but needed at home. Has anyone been charged import duty into UK in these circumstances?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Taking items from holiday home back to UK

Postby costakid » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:08 pm

I think you have more chance of paying duty if the trip was UK to Spain via France. Spain UK I haven’t heard of anyone having a problem.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:25 am

I dont think the uk has even started to inforce these regs yet. I remember the goverment was complaining that the EU had inforced it straight away. But they were still delaying it. Whether things have changed???

Flashman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Flashman » Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:27 pm

ive done the other direction ie UK to Spain via France... no issues at all

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:53 am

Just travelled a few days ago Spain to Uk. I had a pice of furniture in the boot from my house that i was taking back to the UK and a brand new still wrapped jet wash. GC checking every car in Santander and never mentioned it, I think with the amount of dogs they had second hand furniture wasn’t important. The jet wash was on the back seat in full view when we arrived in Plymouth and border force never mentioned it.

Flashman
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Flashman » Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:10 pm

juat drove back through France with a car full of stuff, no questions asked until UKBA checking passport saw the stuff and asked if i had a place in Spain. She asked in a very friendly way so wasn't sure if it was relevent to the car load or just being friendly