SpTH form dropped

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: SpTH form dropped

Postby Wicksey » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:54 am

Is that expensive for short term parking Costakid? I'm paying about that for a week at our usual airport parking place but I know the shorter the time the more pricey it is. At Stansted I paid 63 pounds for 2 days in May!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:26 am

Wicksey wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:54 am Is that expensive for short term parking Costakid? I'm paying about that for a week at our usual airport parking place but I know the shorter the time the more pricey it is. At Stansted I paid 63 pounds for 2 days in May!
I thought it maybe 30 ish to be honest. It was the convenience factor of landing at 22.00 after a 36 hour trip to the uk. My flight arrived early, nobody in passport so I could have got the train and bus for a total of 6 euros return. Hindsight is wonderful.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:02 pm

Cheaper than a taxi though I expect.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:17 pm

Wicksey wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:02 pm Cheaper than a taxi though I expect.
yes it was

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:02 pm

What took them so long!! There never was any logic to it as soon as it was realised the vaccine didn't prevent transmission. But I don't believe this madness won't resurface in some form or another.
Oops, I didn't read the other comments, so unvaccinated still need a test. We flew into Alicante on 8th September from Belfast and were just waved through although the desks were there for checking, maybe having dad in a wheelchair had some bearing on it.
I just tried the spth app and you get a message as mentioned previously from 20th Sept the spth is defunct but it goes on to say "Third country nationals must meet the criteria established by the Ministry of the Interior in order INT/657/2020, of 17 July"
So whatever that is?
Maybe if I use my Irish passport and still unvaccinated I don't need a test. Anyway I've no plans to travel any time soon. lol
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:22 pm

I've heard from people saying they did not need to show their proof of covid vaccination when they entered Spain..Some other people have said they did...I think they will keep pulling people at random times and no one will realy know if it will be them when they arrive, not worth the stress trying to enter without proof of vaccination.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:09 am

It's confusing, fyfin, but I have decided to get the PCR test done in Boots as is 'normal' for me and save myself any angst at Madrid wen I fly back home.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:02 am

As I mentioned earlier it is pretty impossible for my OH to do the test without internet or being near the town (not that I can see anybody does it there, certainly not Boots). Last year he was still counted as vaccinated and the Spth QR code was emailed to a neighbour who printed it off for him. The neighbour has just moved away, plus doing a test and uploading it etc is a bit more to do via a neighbour than just them printing off the QR code as he did last year. My OH does have his vaccination certificate with him, but it's past the 270 days now.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:55 am

my son in law dropped his phone at Luton airport and cracked the screen. He is not vaccinated but had his pre departure PCR results on the phone. On arrival into Malaga (August) he couldn’t show his results so they just did a quick temp check and waved him through.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:17 am

My OH came back through Malaga airport last night without any Covid checks, just what looked like thermal cameras set up after passport control. As I said, he couldn't get a test anyway and we were fairly confident that it wouldn't be a problem as nowhere seems to be asking for certificates anymore from the reports people have posted on here.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:42 am

Wicksey wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:17 am My OH came back through Malaga airport last night without any Covid checks, just what looked like thermal cameras set up after passport control. As I said, he couldn't get a test anyway and we were fairly confident that it wouldn't be a problem as nowhere seems to be asking for certificates anymore from the reports people have posted on here.
I came thru on Sunday night, I noticed the thermal cameras but nobody watching them. I think Spain have started to forget about C19. Be nice when masks are dropped on trains and buses.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:36 pm

costakid wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 9:42 am I came thru on Sunday night, I noticed the thermal cameras but nobody watching them. I think Spain have started to forget about C19. Be nice when masks are dropped on trains and buses.
Yes I agree. No masks on either of my OH's flights to/from the UK but I had to endure hours of them travelling by buses and trains to Sevilla the other week. They were very strict in my experience.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:21 pm

Just seen news that from 21st Oct people will be able to enter Spain without proof of covid vaccine or proof of having had covid.https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/s ... ravellers/

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:01 pm

Screenshot 2022-10-20 at 17.00.37.png

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:13 pm

Pamela1 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:21 pm Just seen news that from 21st Oct people will be able to enter Spain without proof of covid vaccine or proof of having had covid.https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/s ... ravellers/
A bit like for the past month then. They must have known that checks weren't being made. All we need is the masks to go now. Our trip to the Canaries, being an internal flight, meant wearing masks the whole way.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:49 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:14 pm

Just shows how easily they can control the majority.................shameful................such a total deception that so many people followed with "Wild" abandon like a religious calling, thankfully many had their card "Marked" from day one and didn't succumb to the Jibby Jab and resisted all the intense "granny killing" propaganda. Twas all about the $$$$$$$....

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:59 am

Pamela1 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:21 pm Just seen news that from 21st Oct people will be able to enter Spain without proof of covid vaccine or proof of having had covid.https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/s ... ravellers/
Excellent news for non vaxed or like my wife who hasn’t had the 3rd jab. She arrived last night and only the temp control was in place at Malaga but nobody monitoring it.
Ive just been offered the 4th jab but I won’t be having it as yet if at all.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:26 am

It is good news Costakid, especialy for your wife and also for kids whose parents may have been inclined to have their children vaccinated when they reached 12yrs old so they can travel...I do feel concerned about children being vaccinated when it is has always been know that the virus has little effect on them...I too haven't had the jab, i was called in and i had the flue jab but declined the covid one.Since then i've had emails and texts asking me to make an appointment to get it done..

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:46 am

This confirms that all restrictions have been dropped.

Spain lifts final Covid rules for UK travellers https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63347870