Alsa open return

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
gruff
Resident

Alsa open return

Postby gruff » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:22 am

I wanted to spend an evening in Malaga, couldn't cope with taking my car in so decided to go by bus.

I downloaded the Alsa app, found the bus I wanted from Benajarafe, and booked the bus to Malaga.

I then looked towards the return journey. I didn't know when I would be leaving Malaga and as there was an option for an "open return" I clicked on that assuming I could return on any bus. When I knew which bus I would take
I tried to update my booking but it would not let me. I presented my smartphone to the bus driver who promptly directed me to the ticket office. Thankfully it was at the port.

So... what did I do wrong.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Alsa open return

Postby costakid » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:29 pm

not sure as i never buy a return or even pre buy my return because some of the tickets have a 1 hour window from purchase to using. I always have a 5 euro note handy and PAYG if ticket office is closed. Some drivers refuse anything over a 10 euro note.

On a lighter not did you enjoy Malaga. One of my favourite cities.

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:50 pm

Yes, we did. We were last there in the New Year. I took my wife in, arrived at the bottom of Calle Larios just before 1830. I had not told her what was about to happen. Magical! And when everyone joined in the carols! Anyway we found a restaurant (!) and had a great meal. So this time we spent ages looking for the same one and found it. Good, simple food again.

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:05 pm

My daugher and i had a lovely time in Malaga when we went on a long weekend pre Chrismas shopping trip..Stayed in a lovely hotel recommened by costakid and the Christmas lights show was magical...Such a lovely time to be in Malaga city...We will do it all again one day. :D

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:02 pm

Only ever booked a single ticket and did that a week in advance with Alsa. There was a long queue at the ticket office in the main bus station in Malaga so glad I did.

Where did you eat Gruff?

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:18 am

All I can say it was off the Calle Larios. A restaurant called Sanchez. We enjoy simple Spanish food and they do an Andalucia pork stew. Delicious.