easyjet insurance

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

easyjet insurance

Postby Lavanda » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:00 pm

I bought some easyjet insurance for my flight on 12th January from Madrid to Bristol. I got an e-mail with the documents attached. When I tried to download them they would not download. When I tried to open them they would not open. I then looked at who had sent the e-mail and attachments. It was [email protected] — an address which does not exist.

I assume that the easyjet insurance link on their site has been hacked in some way. Easyjet are, of course, not contactable in any way and don't give a stuff once they have your money but I did send off a 'chat' form and got the reply that they will deal with my 'request' within 28 days — except that my flight is in 21 days. I can always buy another insurance but what I want to know is how did I get hepstar.com when the easyjet insurance company is colinsoninsurance.com. Is their site corrupted? Do they know? Do they care? Any thoughts, please.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: easyjet insurance

Postby olive » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:21 pm

A question. Is the insurance you are buying valid for non uk residents?

We got annual travel insurance partly because the airline ( probably Ryanair) insurance was only for uk residents from memory and it was expensive once you started having multiple trips.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:26 pm

The insurance seems to be valid for everyone and I have used easyjet insurance for years. If it were not valid, would I have had (no) documents and a nice message from insurers using a false address? I don't think so, do you.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:20 pm

Hepstar.com does exist, it seems provide global travel insurance to airlines, car hire companies etc according to the website.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:50 am

Lavanda wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:26 pm The insurance seems to be valid for everyone and I have used easyjet insurance for years. If it were not valid, would I have had (no) documents and a nice message from insurers using a false address? I don't think so, do you.
Fair enough. It was a genuine question. As to if it were not valid, buyer beware springs to mind. You might only find out in the event of a claim.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:41 am

Thanks Wicksey and Olive. I have looked up Hepstar and they DO exist but when I sent a reply on the e-mail address that came with the (non) insurance documents I had a PostMaster Delivery Fail. We'll see but the fact they exist is hopeful. I am only bothering with insurance because of the utter chaos in the UK at the moment coupled with the horrendous long-range weather forecast.

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:03 am

I got a new e-mail this morning and the attached documents opened and downloaded. I am nervous they are full of a nasty virus ...

Anyway, as before, the return e-mail address does not exist.
Maybe I should be posting this in the computers section so that Enrique can give me his thoughts?

Your message to [email protected] couldn't be delivered.
easyJettravelinsurance wasn't found at hepstar.com.