Renfe Media Distancia

Looking for information on a place in Andalucia or simply asking for advice on somewhere to visit? Post here and someone out there may know the answer.
Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Renfe Media Distancia

Postby Screagle » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:41 am

I'm hoping to travel my train to Jerez next month but the Renfe website as viewed from UK is not showing any MD trains. Have these services been cut or have I missed a post on this topic? :oops:

Saludos

Free at Last
Resident

Re: Renfe Media Distancia

Postby Free at Last » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:09 am

Where are you travelling from? I looked on the Renfe site for a random date in mid March (a Monday) and it showed two services from Sevilla Santa Justa to Jerez de la Frontera.

I am sure there used to be more but maybe the frequency was reduced due to the pandemic, it happened a lot and with bus services too.

Screagle
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Screagle » Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:40 am

Yes, that's right Free at Last. I am hoping to travel agaain from Sevilla Santa Justa to Jerez de la Frontera. I planned another journey last month and I'm sure there were more trains. In the end to avoid hanging around for connections and as I was not travelling alone I just hired a car as it was cheaper and more convenient :crazy:. This worked out well as I was allocated a Fiat 500 Dolcevita with 6kms on the clock :shock:. Normally I get given the demolition derby cars! I do wonder what is going on at Renfe though...

Saludis

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:17 pm

Anyone know how far in advance you can book these days ?
I am hoping to travel from Seville to Lebrija in mid May !

anyroads

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:25 pm

Out here in the sticks (Extremadura) it's actually easier to go in person to the train station and buy the tickets — which I know is not always possible. The Renfe site is a bit haphazard. They have a habit of only releasing blocks of tickets for journeys to a fairly tight timetable and then only going via a set route. Tying to book a long time in advance is not usually successful.

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:06 pm

Problem is, that is the time I shall be flying in to Seville. I would be happier if I had booked the train tickets to travel on in advance. Will try nearer the time of course.

anyroads

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:24 am

I was hoping to travel to Malaga from Lebrija for a couple of days. I had penciled in 5th October going to Malaga, coming back on the 7th.

The 7th seems no problem according to the website, a number of trains, all bookable.

Going out however there only appear to be two trains, one late in the day which is too late. The other one is at 6.35am ( a tad early really ) however this is showing as "fully booked". Surely this cant be correct ?. I will of course go to the railway station and enquire when in Lebrija.
Is this train likely to be fully booked. Anybody have any experience of this type of thing ?

anyroads

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:08 am

Anybody read these posts these days ?

anyroads

Supersue
Tourist

Postby Supersue » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:11 pm

I think you're misreading the info. Those times are the first train and the last train of the day.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:42 pm

5 trains Malaga to Lebrija on 7 October but I don't think they're direct, taking 3 or 4 hours. Quicker to drive??

https://venta.renfe.com/vol/search.do?c=_GAQk